What's new

Proraso Aftershave Video

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It does much less (okay, maybe just lesser) damage to the underlying tissue. Skin, muscle, tendons, ligaments in the face can be pretty easily stretched too much.... The scalp should be fairly deeply massaged when washing your hair though, if you aren't tender-headed... My personal opinion is that it helps give blood flow to your hair, possibly helping to keep you from going bald prematurely.

It's a werkin' hypothesis at this stage, lol.

It does much less (okay, maybe just lesser) damage to the underlying tissue. Skin, muscle, tendons, ligaments in the face can be pretty easily stretched too much.... The scalp should be fairly deeply massaged when washing your hair though, if you aren't tender-headed... My personal opinion is that it helps give blood flow to your hair, possibly helping to keep you from going bald prematurely.

It's a werkin' hypothesis at this stage, lol.
Were you ever a politician? 😉
Yep. I use way more than that.
Me, too.

Last edited:
I know everyone does things their own way, but this looks odd to me. The man applies his aftershave with rapid, gentle pitty-pats. My method is to rub my hands over the shaved areas, and if I pat my face, it’s definitely not those rapid fire pitty-pats.

Most commercials of similar products will say something like 'apply liberally', wanting you to use it up, and buy more. It's refreshing to see a company that not only offers great products at a reasonable price, but is ethical in their advertising.
However, I must say, I apply more of their aftershave than that, and rub, not pat. ☺️

Interesting. I recently got a bottle of the balm and a bottle of the splash with the idea of using both together most of the time. The balm, I gently rub in from forehead to neck (like any other skin cream I've used). The splash, maybe not quite so Nancy as the video guy but I'm a patter too. Same with Old Spice and the other few liquidy after shaves I've used. Probably use a little more as well than in the video.

My former barber (direct from Italy) always patted the Pinaud Clubman on my neck area after using the shavette.
Has to be a barber thing!
Do I use this method? Put the hell to the no. I simply fill the tub with Pinaud and jump in.

Top Bottom