What's new

Proraso After Shave Lotion (Green) - Opinions

Hello everyone:
what do you think of Proraso After Shave Lotion(Green)?
1. he is does the job in terms of soothing irritation and redness, and maybe help to prevent ingrown hairs/razor bumps?
2. after using it the face is with moisturizing? , Or it just drying the face?

proxy.php

Many Thanks
have a nice day :)

I really like it. Leaves a nice post feel and not as drying as other splashes. I add a some extra menthol crystals to mine for an extra cold kick.

It's a staple in my den, both for performance and value. Sometimes you don't want a fancy smelling matching or even complimentary splash to your soap and Proraso Green is one of the things I reach for on those days.

Others that I also reach for in this scenario are Epsilon Blue, Speick or one of the Pitralon aftershaves.

If you're CONUS, I'd be happy to send you a small sample bottle so that you can smell it and use it once or twice.

I bought 3 bottles of it when I found them at about 40% off at a Burlington Coat Factory store. At that price I like it OK. It's not bad but it's not great either. On my face it gives me a very slight tackiness I associate with glycerin. I prefer a more dry and smooth feel. I don't think it's worth the normal price they charge for it. I'm happy to use what I have but I probably won't replace it. Will it help prevent ingrown hairs and razor bumps? I suppose every face is different but I doubt it. Will it sooth irritation and redness? To a degree yes from the normal/nominal bit you might experience from comfortable shave but if you are experiencing irritation and redness then you might want to look for issues with the shave itself and not look to an aftershave as a "cure".

Proraso Green A/S is great!
I've re-purchased a couple times!!
Similar but different from Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, Myrsol.

proraso green omega feather january 21 2019.jpg

shavefan

I’m not a fan
IMO Proraso green is a classic, a solid performer but not noteworthy. Good stuff, not outstanding. I prefer Spieck overall but I do use Proraso from time to time. The cooling menthol is nice when the weather turns warmer.

Just tried it for the first time this morning. Got a bottle yesterday at TJMaxx. So far, I find it to be a very pleasant aftershave lotion. It leaves a slightly dryer feel than the Proraso Sandalwood splash, both are nice. The cooling sensation was noticeably stronger and more pleasant than Aqua Velva, and I liked the scent better. I don't mind that the scent is not strong. It sure is worth trying.

Just tried it for the first time this morning. Got a bottle yesterday at TJMaxx. So far, I find it to be a very pleasant aftershave lotion. It leaves a slightly dryer feel than the Proraso Sandalwood splash, both are nice. The cooling sensation was noticeably stronger and more pleasant than Aqua Velva, and I liked the scent better. I don't mind that the scent is not strong. It sure is worth trying.

Good move!! I predict that the green juice will grow on you with time. :a14::a14:

The Proraso Green soap is one of my favorite scents, but the Green after shave scent just missed the mark for me. Otherwise, it’s a fine after shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my favorite aftershaves ever.

A must buy.

Fwiw, the pre-reformulation isn’t any better than what’s currently available.

Buy it now. $10 at Italian barber.

Top Bottom