What's new

Proraso a/s splash scent

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Is it me?

8/13/05 I whipped this sucker outta the box.... and it was love at first sniff, simply delightful stuff and smells much different than the standard proraso scent. This splash has a lovely mix of light, zesty, vetiver like scents, very subtle, very interesting. I find it to be quite delightful.

10/23/05 Proraso - Smells medicinal/foul. Works superb, incredibly soothing, very little burn, tones the skin, and works like the dickens! Excellent splash top. 9 out of 10

I cleaned my eyeglasses and still read the same thing, posted by a giant on this site. What gives?

I'm not a fan of the Proraso scent when it is pronounced, as in the case of their cream, or, to a lesser extent, the pre/post, which borders on the tolerable. The a/s balm has the lightest house scent- almost pleasant. I'd sure like to know what the splash smells like before I spring for it. Can anyone help?

Ouch,

Interesting observation. I had the opportunity to use some of the splash a while back. I agree, it worked and (when I used it) smelled really nice. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. Have you tried setting it down for a few days and coming back to it again, or having a friend give it an independent sniff? Sometimes (but not often) I get a case of Sensitive Schnoz Syndrome, and things can smell slightly off.

-Nick

I use Proraso's aftershave splash almost every day. I personally find it very refreshing. I also like the scent even though it is very short lived.

I think "Ouch" is referring to Joel's comments at two different times on the same product.

He wants to buy it - but isn't sure WHAT it smells like based on Joel's different comments.

Joel? Help a brutha out!! :crying:

ouch

HlSheppard said:
I think "Ouch" is referring to Joel's comments at two different times on the same product.

He wants to buy it - but isn't sure WHAT it smells like based on Joel's different comments.

Joel? Help a brutha out!! :crying:

Thanks. I should have been more clear. I'd like to know if it has that overt house scent, in which case I'll pass. Otherwise, it would be nice to have a cheaper alternative to Musgo (a delight!) or Harris Pink (a lot of money for those simple ingredients) on hand.

Here's my two cents - I have used the Proraso splash exclusively for about two years and have just started using Musgo - which, depending on whether you are familiar with the Musgo may or may not be a reference point.

The two are in what I consider the same family of scents - traditional barber shop smells.

The Proraso does have a slightly medicinal scent, which is the eucalyptus - a smell people tend to love or hate. However, it is not strong and it works well with the other ingredients. However, if you don't like eucalyptus, the Proraso is unlikely to ring your bell. If you've tried any of the other Proraso products and like the smell you'll like the a/s - which is more complex and has less eucalyptus. It also has witch hazel in it, which makes it work well. If you like lighter, traditional scents (it generally wears off in a couple of hours), its worth a go - especially given that its reasonably priced and works great.

The Musgo on the other hand is definitely a stronger scent (but not overpowering in any way) and contains pachouli, lavender and other good stuff - so still traditional, but different than Proraso. I don't think its as good as the Proraso in terms of how it feels after a shave, but it does also contain some wich hazel. Also, the Musgo lasts quite a bit longer than the Proraso.

I think they're both great products and that they both smell great, the key with the Proraso is the eucalyptus and whether that's a smell you like. As for the members of the opposite sex, my SO likes them both.

Like I said, just my two cents and YMMV.

ouch

See??? Wait long enough, and you'll eventually get an answer!

Thanks, and I agree with your comments.

Top Bottom