What's new

Proraso A/S Splash.... nice scent, nice price, nice product!

P1010054.JPG

Gents,
Well I had been wanting to snag a bottle of this for quite some time - and finally got around to purchasing a bottle - among other things - from QED. It arrived in an interesting shiny green box, with a neat "grating" effect/feel to the box.... very different from the white box the liquid cream comes in.

I whipped this sucker outta the box.... and it was love at first sniff, simply delightful stuff and smells much different than the standard proraso scent. This splash has a lovely mix of light, zesty, vetiver like scents, very subtle, very interesting. I find it to be quite delightful.

P1010056.JPG

This splash comes in the same bottle style as the cream - with the exception of a "splash" top with just a small hole in a fitted button of plastic. It dispenses the desired amount with relative ease.

Now on to the important stuff.... how does it work? In my opinion - rather nice! It provides a wonderful cooling feeling- followed by a delightful scent, and a great - deep toning effect. The witch hazel in this concoction does a wonderful job at soothing you face as does the allantoin. It does just as it claims - freshens, moisturizes (lightly) and tones while soothing irritation. For summer use this stuff is delightful.

How does it compare to the liquid cream? Night and day..... very different products. I have tried using the splash along side BEFORE using the cream as a 1-2 measure which was quite nice. On its own they both do very well - for hot summer use - I prefer the splash- and look forward to using it quite frequently this summer. If you have dry skin - the liquid cream may be your best bet - as it has just that perfect amount of moisture - but the neat thing about this proraso splash is that it can simply be used as a soothing toner - before the application of your desired a/s balm.

I'd give it a strong recommendation - especially if you enjoy traditional after shave splashes!

Joel,
Is the liquid cream another of Proraso's after shave products? It is not the same as the pre/post, correct? :confused:

Best regards,
Ron
Trying to relather

gage0921 said:
The scent?.......does it linger?......Could it be used as a fragrance for the day?

Then scent lingers for a short period of time - then lingers away. I rather like a/s splashes that do so, as it allows you to experience even MORE variety! I have been thinking about picking up a bottle of Trumpers Lime aftershave splash for this very reason.... incredible scent - but only sticks around for a short period of time!

Yea ive noticed you prefer scents that dont last all day.....me, I like to apply a scent and not have to worry about applying more later on.

gage0921 said:
Yea ive noticed you prefer scents that dont last all day.....me, I like to apply a scent and not have to worry about applying more later on.

To clarify - for aftershaves, balms, etc - I prefer they fade quickly. For colognes, I REQUIRE they last at LEAST 5 solid hours, or they do me little good! I just can't stand the colognes you can't seem to get rid of! I have some Chanel you can scrub away with steel wool at - and it stay strong!!

Joel,
Is the liquid cream another of Proraso's after shave products? It is not the same as the pre/post, correct? :confused:

Best regards,
Ron
Trying to relather

The pre/post shave and the liquid balm in the photo at the start of this thread- are not the same. The pre/post comes in a small jar and looks more like Noxema. The smell is rather similar to Noxema as well.
proxy.php

The liquid balm (bottle) is much less viscous and practially has no scent at all.

Hope this helps.

I really want to try this. Is the scent similar to the cream? How would you rate the menthol effect? I also like a short fresh intensity that tappers off. It's nice to start work smelling clean, but I don't want to smell it all day.

Last edited:
Using the Proaso splash and the balm after shaving really gives me that "fresh start" feeling. Pretty much unlike any other shaving product I know.

I really want to try this. Is the scent similar to the cream? How would you rate the menthol effect? I also like a short fresh intensity that tappers off. It's nice to start work smelling clean, but I don't want to smell it all day.

It is a short burst. It doesn't smell like the cream, but still smells "barbershoppy." It doesn't last long, and won't interfere with your cologne. Proraso Balm and AS are amazing.

Nice pickup Joel...I received a bottle as a gift for my Bday and it was love at first whiff for me as well. Nice burn, but nice menthol effect too. Great stuff, it's my daily driver (temporarily unseated my 4711!). GLASS bottle too, which is nice.

Top Bottom