What's new

Proraso A/S Balm

I think no one has responded - as it is sort of a tough query. Trumpers skin food is so terribly different from proraso a/s balm - I personally wouldn't/couldn't compare the two. If it helps - I PERSONALLY prefer the proraso a/s balm - however to each their own!

Well, I have been using the Proraso balm for about a week now and think it really is pretty good. I see now why it is so hard to compare it to the Trumpers Skin Food as the two really are quite different. It would be entirely understandable to have both at your disposal.

The Proraso has a nice, mild cooling effect with a very faint "clean" smell. I used it tonight after shaving with QED's Sandalwood soap and the smell of the two together is wonderful.

Greetings all,
Water, I am glad to see you have found the Proraso ASB to your liking! That is good. I was going to suggest that for those who tend towards an oily complexion using something with a mild astringent effect immediately after shaving followed by a moisturising aftershave balm. I find that using the DaVinci, Rose, or Lavender Waters immediately after the cold rinse, but prior to the aftershave balm tends to make the balm absorb more rapidly (and I enjoy them anyway). For one individual over at SMF that claimed to have a pizza oil result from T&H Classic. I was going to suggest adding anchovies and oregano after, but I am sure they would not have appreciated the wit, perhaps only half of it?
In consideration of the price, I guess I'll just have to try some Proraso ASB too. :aureola:

My after-shave routine is fairly simple: splash with warm water, cleanse, and use aftershave balm. It causes me much less irritation. I have oily skin, but for some reason splashing with cold water causes a minor level of discomfort. My skin also did not take to using the DaVinci Toner right after shaving, which is a shame as I like it a lot. I just spray it on the neck and chest.

Oh, and the T&H balm (unscented) caused a very uncomfortable burning sensation for me. I washed it off almost as soon as I had applied it. Perhaps my skin was reacting to a particular ingredient? All I know is that stuff went in the garbage quick.

water said:
Oh, and the T&H balm (unscented) caused a very uncomfortable burning sensation for me. I washed it off almost as soon as I had applied it. Perhaps my skin was reacting to a particular ingredient? All I know is that stuff went in the garbage quick.

Same for me. I assumed it was the lanolin, which some folks have mild allergic reactions to.

I've been trying it for about a week, alternating between skinfood and the Proraso. I think comparing the two is tough. The skin food is not something i reach for if i have real irritation. The Proraso serves that purpose. I've been overdoing it with a slantbar recently and the Proraso has worked very very well.

Top Bottom