What's new

Proper Whiskey?

Have any of you gentlemen tried the new Proper No. 12 Whiskey from Conor McGregor? It is getting good reviews across social media. I can't find any near me in eastern PA or surrounding states according to their website.

Find Us

Been curious myself. I have seen review that trash it, but I just saw a blind tasting putting it against tullamore and Jameson, and for guys agreed that it won

Got a bottle to share with a buddy in preparation for the upcoming fight. We opened it up last night for a taste, it's solid overall. I'd probably give it the nod over regular Jameson for the price but not as good as the Jameson Signature line or Caskmates. Personally not a big fan of Tullamore or Bushmills so can't say much about comparison to those. Basically, it's good for the price but isn't really punching above it's weight so to speak. If it were me and i was buying something to have on hand at home I'd spend a little more and get Jameson Signature or Caskmates.

My very lovely lady picked me up a bottle, but it is in CO and I am in PA so it will be a while before I get to it. I have been reading good reviews and am excited to try it. It's only available in 5 states currently. Most reviews I have read say it is good and a few have said it "dethrones" Jameson.

I would say in my mind/opinion it does dethrone Jameson although not because I think it's actually a noteable better product. I think it's fairly comparable to Jameson and a few bucks cheaper so for me it gets the nod. Jameson and this are honestly a lot closer then I think a lot of snobs or review website are willing to admit with Proper getting the edge on pricing.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
FedFire:
Opps...had to do a 'double-take' there for a minute...I thought the martial arts fighter (by the same name), started branding his own whiskey.
proxy.php

proxy.php
“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough”. Mark Twain

FedFire:
Opps...had to do a 'double-take' there for a minute...I thought the martial arts fighter (by the same name), started branding his own whiskey.
proxy.php

proxy.php
“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough”. Mark Twain

He did! It's the same MMA fighter. I don't know which distillery he hooked up with but it is his brand. Check out the website.

Top Bottom