What's new

Promotion Gift for Navy Chief

If he's a navy chief, it's about time he manned up and learned to shave properly.

You are asking on a shaving forum after all!

I'd look for a nice shave mug but look specifically for "fouled anchors" in the description. That's what their insignia is specifically called. You can likely find something that will work. A safety razor might not be terribly feasible at sea, but a good lather would CERTAINLY work. Congrats to him! I got out 5 years ago, but a lot of friends made it this cycle so I'll be looking for that same gift.

How about the coffee cup that will be permanently attached to his hand??? :laugh:

Enjoy the ride,
Jay
ex-EM1 (SS/SW)

Thanks for the great suggestions everybody. Keep 'em coming. I like the watch idea, but I already got him one when he graduated from school and he still has it. I also thought about something wetshaving related, but I don't think it's his thing.

How about the coffee cup that will be permanently attached to his hand??? :laugh:

To be honest, this is the very first thing that popped into my head. I imagine that his finger has already developed that permanent coffee cup bend.

Thanks for the great suggestions everybody. Keep 'em coming. I like the watch idea, but I already got him one when he graduated from school and he still has it. I also thought about something wetshaving related, but I don't think it's his thing.

To be honest, this is the very first thing that popped into my head. I imagine that his finger has already developed that permanent coffee cup bend.

Something nice for the lifer juice does sound good.

Big coffee mug. One that'll show all the stains. My uncle who was a Commander in the Royal Navy, gave us a tour when we were in Britain nearly forty years ago. "That's my mug", he proudly boasted, pointing to big, filthy thing.
"That's gross", I remember thinking.
Years later I figured out the tradition behind an unwashed coffee mug.
My coffee mug at work is a tip of the hat to my naval heritage. Or I'm just a slob.

Big coffee mug. One that'll show all the stains. My uncle who was a Commander in the Royal Navy, gave us a tour when we were in Britain nearly forty years ago. "That's my mug", he proudly boasted, pointing to big, filthy thing.
"That's gross", I remember thinking.
Years later I figured out the tradition behind an unwashed coffee mug.
My coffee mug at work is a tip of the hat to my naval heritage. Or I'm just a slob.

I must be a shoe in for the Navy then...I have a white mug that my daughter painted at one of those paint your own pottery places. Its my mug at work, so it only gets rinsed out in the sink...its nice and brown on the inside.

Top Bottom