What's new

Prom 2011

Getting ready to head off to Prom. SWMBO is a teacher at the local HS and she signs up every year to work to get extra cash and one of her best friends is in charge of prom. I get to valet park again this year and then I get to help "contol" the dance floor. Nothing stops the grind dancing more than the smartphone camera and the kids knowing that I went to school with either one or both of their parents. Even had a few dads tell me that they told their kids to do what I say because," He might not be your Daddy, but he can sure whip your *** just like your Daddy."

Best part is my niece that has Aspbergers is going with some kids. She said she wants a picture with her "Best Uncle and Better Aunt". :thumbup:

I was deemed Best Dressed Chaperon by my wife's teacher friends. Was walking around the dance floor and all the kids thought it was cool that I knew most of their names. I officiate wrestling and football so I knew almost all of the boys and my niece is friends with everyone so I was known to the girls as " Corinne"s Uncle".

Two yahoos came in wearing ball caps askew & backwards. Every chance I got I would give them a hard time about wearing the caps. When one asked me why I was giving them crap my reply was " You are at a formal and you are wearing a ball cap. You look like a wannabe thug not a gentleman. Now that poor date of yours will have a knucklehead in her prom pictures. She will make fun of you for the rest of her life."

Had to laugh when this one girl came in a dress that was made from Hi Viz yellow. She got a picture with the SRO when he came back from walking the parking lot in his safety vest.

Best part of the night was when my niece demanded that I dance with her. As we were dancing my niece tells me " I love you Uncle Dan. You're the Best". That made my night.

Top Bottom