What's new

Progreso Red Pre-shave consistency

Good evening gents, I’ve always had Proraso Red in my den for the fall and with the leaves changing I am getting prepared for autumn shaves with one of my favorite sandalwood scents. This year I decided to give the pre-shave a try and I am intrigued by the consistency of it. It arrived today and I opened it up. To the touch it and I has none of the feel of the green pre-shave. The green feels like Noxzema (super thick almost hard feel until it melts). If you’ve used it you know exactly what I’m talking about… however the red has the consistency of a tub of TOBS or Trumpers shave cream that’s been left out in the sun, or a thinner version of the red shave cream. I actually had to put some on my fingers to see if it was shave cream.

I just wanted to reach out to anyone who’s used the red pre-shave if this the normal feel of this pre-shave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, the green is "chunkier" maybe because of the menthol content? I've got no idea to be frank. The red is indeed like a tub of cream.

Yup, the green is "chunkier" maybe because of the menthol content? I've got no idea to be frank. The red is indeed like a tub of cream.

Thanks for the info, that makes sense, and the added stuff in the red probably changes it even more… excited to try it tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you try the White it also has that noxema like consistency... Which oddly enough seems to be more so with the latest jar 😳

If you’ve used it you know exactly what I’m talking about… however the red has the consistency of a tub of TOBS or Trumpers shave cream that’s been left out in the sun, or a thinner version of the red shave cream. I actually had to put some on my fingers to see if it was shave cream.

I completely agree. The Red pre-shave is definitely thinner, while the Green is thicker and more luxurious.

2687A42E-4E03-4E8A-BBBA-62EBD49B9E79.jpeg
8EC950D8-D6ED-4699-9C05-7E548ACB4A08.jpeg

Top Bottom