What's new

Progres/Futur/Vision

You might be able to eliminate the irritation entirely if you get down to a fine stubble before trying to shave down to skin. It might require an extra pass.

The cleanup is where you can use the maximum blade exposure. But you can work very lightly because there is very little resistance from the stubble.

I have also found that it adds to the comfort if you apply shaving oil just before the pass that goes down to skin.

Rik said:
I concur, this combination gave me the best shave to date. Two passes using the Futur wide open with a feather blade. Set the razor to 3 for the final cleanup pass. Very little irritation!

R

rainman

I concur, this combination gave me the best shave to date. Two passes using the Futur wide open with a feather blade. Set the razor to 3 for the final cleanup pass. Very little irritation!

I used to do that with my Long Handled Modified Progress. Then I just decided to never dial down again and I never looked back.

The progress was my first razor and its a good one, like my tech pretty good shaves with any blade you throw in, my futur though once i got used to it does give better shaves and its the razor i respect the most, would like a vision but the price puts me off:frown:

To me the futur is well tamed if you dial it right down. I quite like the option that at 6 it is a beast :wink:

+1 on the Futur, I have not used either the Progress or the Vision so I cannot report. Maybe you can base your purchase on beard density. Very heavy thick beard equals Futur or Vision. Normal or average maybe the Progress. I only say this because I can tell the when I used the Futur it requires no pressure so this helps me at least with my beastly stubble, while razors like the HD require a tad bit or help.

Top Bottom