What's new

Products from Down Under?

In honour of ANZAC Day (25 April), I would like to add an item from Down Under to my kit. Are there any products (preferably vintage) produced in Oz or KiwiLand which would be readily available in the US?

There is also Squadron Soaps (has a retailer in North America called Stone Field).
Whispers in The Woods (sold at West Coast Shaving) is another, look up the WCS youtube clips of this one!

If you want a brush, Tony Forsyth from perfect pens and pencils website could assist, and you could even have it sent to get a Rhodium knot from the guy here in Australia.

There is a guy i know of called Drew Dick who makes and sells many straight razors, if they are your cup of tea?

I'm sure to have missed some, but the APR is probably the easiest to obtain quickly.

Let us know what you get!

I have the goodfella razor from New Zealand. Probably rare now. I think they were made from 2007 to 2010 maybe? Zamak open comb. Very gentle. Awesome little stainless handle that I sometimes use with Razorock heads.

btw, Australian private reserve aftershaves and edp are second to none. No premixed fragrance oils. It’s all blended in house. Good soap too.

All I've got is a tube of "Weirdy Beardy" shaving cream. Found it at a Home Goods next to a Marshalls, I think it was.

Haven't used it yet. Their Australian website sells it for $26--before shipping cost!

I believe my brand new Viking Chieftain razor had it origin(s) from a small family owned business in Australia. I had an incredible 1st shave with it this morning.

Aussie beer is the bomb. Sadly the best of show..Victoria Bitter("VB") and Castlemaine XXXX ("Barbed Wire") are difficult if not impossible to find in the states.
Avoid Foster's ("Foster's...Australian for p!$$"). Not the pride of The Land Down Under for certain.

Washpool Farm shaving soap is my favorite from Australia. I have all their varieties.
It's so slick and the lather feels very fatty and rich. Really awesome stuff!!

The Viking Captain (Australian) razor and the Viking Mild Blade (Swedish?) currently provide tremendous shaves for me.

Aussie beer is the bomb. Sadly the best of show..Victoria Bitter("VB") and Castlemaine XXXX ("Barbed Wire") are difficult if not impossible to find in the states.
Avoid Foster's ("Foster's...Australian for p!$$"). Not the pride of The Land Down Under for certain.

Blech. Aussie beer is generally disappointing outside of a couple of craft breweries and Coopers, which is drinkable, but not noteworthy.

Fosters probably was like that, back in the day. 1970s and 1980s. Equivalent to an American macro-brew like Budweiser or Pabst Blue Ribbon. A beer our dads or grand-dads drank...but we mostly didn't.

But I can drink beers like that. But not Bud Lite. A waitress brought me a mug of that by mistake once. I took one sip, identified what it was with the accuracy of a NASA spectrometer, and promptly returned it.

Life is too short...

@Stubblebum - great to see that you are honouring Anzac Day. This is a sacred day in both Australia and New Zealand.

There is also Squadron Soaps (has a retailer in North America called Stone Field).
Whispers in The Woods (sold at West Coast Shaving) is another, look up the WCS youtube clips of this one!

If you want a brush, Tony Forsyth from perfect pens and pencils website could assist, and you could even have it sent to get a Rhodium knot from the guy here in Australia.

There is a guy i know of called Drew Dick who makes and sells many straight razors, if they are your cup of tea?

I'm sure to have missed some, but the APR is probably the easiest to obtain quickly.

So great recommendations from Tim. I am a fan of both APR and Squadron Soaps. The Squadron soaps also have WW2-themed artwork, which fits in well with the ANZAC theme.
Tony Forsyth brushes are really good - I own one, and it is right up there with the best.

Many good beers down under. You need to try Stone & Wood. Unfortunately no shaving products spring to mind.

@Stubblebum - great to see that you are honouring Anzac Day. This is a sacred day in both Australia and New Zealand.

So great recommendations from Tim. I am a fan of both APR and Squadron Soaps. The Squadron soaps also have WW2-themed artwork, which fits in well with the ANZAC theme.
Tony Forsyth brushes are really good - I own one, and it is right up there with the best.

Top Bottom