What's new

Procter & Gamble announces acquisition / reformulation of Martin De Candre soaps.

http://news.pg.com/press-release/pg-corporate-announcements/

Category: P&G Corporate Announcements
Tuesday, April 1 2013 10:00 am EDT
Dateline: Fontevreau Abbey, France

Fontevreau Abbey --(BUSINESS WIRE)--Proctor & Gamble (NYSE: PG), the world’s leading male grooming brand, today announced that it had acquired the famed French soapmaker Martin De Candre, in an all cash purchase, and would begin selling reformulated soaps under the Martin De Candre label in their Art of Shaving stores across America.

Explained John Grim, product manager for Gillette, "We feel that Martin De Candre has everything we're looking for in a shaving soap, namely a high price. We look forward to introducing the new reformulated product at our stores this spring. Initial market testing revealed that the lather created by the traditional formula was much too thick for using in our multi-bladed cartridge razors, so we've reduced the amount of stearic acid and glycerin and added 40% olive oil, which should give a thinner and more bubbly lather more appropriate for a multi-bladed razor. Also, we found that the fougere and lavender scents did not test well among the 18-25 "YOLO" demographic, who referred to them as "too traditional" and "somethng someone with a sense of class and appropriate behavior would wear", so we'll be introducing "Martin De Candre SPORT", with a new and much stronger floral musk scent that we believe will appeal to our target buyers."

Stay tuned for the introduction of Martin De Candre SPORT, coming this Spring to an Art of Shaving boutique near you.

Last edited:
Page Not Found

We're sorry, but the page you requested cannot be found.Here are some helpful hints:Make sure you typed in the proper URL.Return to the.homepage.Search for the topic below.

Having grown up in Cincinnati and spent my freshman year of high school in a building two blocks from P&G World HQ, I'm quite familiar with their corporate culture, attitudes, marketing methods, and ways of sticking their fingers in community affairs. Makes for a good joke to anyone with some integrity any day of the year, including April 1.

Having grown up in Cincinnati and spent my freshman year of high school in a building two blocks from P&G World HQ, I'm quite familiar with their corporate culture, attitudes, marketing methods, and ways of sticking their fingers in community affairs. Makes for a good joke to anyone with some integrity any day of the year, including April 1.

Did you goto SCPA or Woodward? I went to SCPA.

Top Bottom