What's new

Problems with The English Shaving Company

Hi there guys!

On april the 20th I ordered MWF on Amazon, and the seller was/is the one mentioned in the thread headline. One month has passed and I have sent them a couple of messages through Amazon and on their site. Alas there has not been any answer.Has anyone had issues with them and ordering from them? Any advice on how to proceed? They are in England and I am also in Europe, 30 days for such a delivery is not professional in my opinion, having in mind I ordered MWF lotion from another seller in the UK and it arrived in 4 days...

Welll shhh..... :laugh:
*Please note - due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to take telephone calls at this time. We are still providing our highly rated customer service via email. Please use the form below to get in touch.*

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
If you made the purchase through Amazon, maybe let them know (on the phone) that you haven’t been able to get in touch. In my experience Amazon are really good at fixing things no matter whether something was sold by Amazon or “fulfilled“ by Amazon.

That is the point here; this vendor is dealing with emails as best they can but may be inundated with the emails. I have never used them but give them some slack. However it is coming up to a month so they should have replied by now.
...30 days for such a delivery is not professional in my opinion, having in mind I ordered MWF lotion from another seller in the UK and it arrived in 4 days...
These are unprecedented times and vendors are affected differently. I assume you can cancel your ***zon order.

Are you aware that UK have their own pandemic to deal with? They are on lockdown.

And yet other items from the UK purchased during the same period have arrived within a week.

These are unprecedented times and vendors are affected differently. I assume you can cancel your ***zon order.

It says I am not eligible to request a refund.

I did manage to reach them through the phone. I was connected with a very nice young lady. She informed me that the shipping option I chose did not have tracking so she could not tell me where exactly my package is, but it was shipped on the 21 of April. She also said, that I should call them again in 7-10 days to tell them if it has arrived or not, and then they might consider granting a refund. I think next time I will just order from MWF themselfs.

If you made the purchase through Amazon, maybe let them know (on the phone) that you haven’t been able to get in touch. In my experience Amazon are really good at fixing things no matter whether something was sold by Amazon or “fulfilled“ by Amazon.

Are you suggesting they will shove the owner of the English Shaving Co into a box if he doesn't respond?

Kw7PsSYotv0P3Q6ePHj-h2p0_9Annd1Z24P1qUvpOAA.png

UK deliveries are all over the place just now. I'm in the UK and I've been waiting 5 weeks for an order from Homebase (garden/DIY type center in the UK), it took two weeks for a box of wine from a UK retailer to be delivered but only three days for some Jack Black items from their new UK launch.

If its not a tracked item then it will be through Royal Mail and they are swamped and understaffed due to coronavirus just now. The Executive Shaving Company (also UK based) put out a sorry in advance message for delays on Facebook as their local Royal Mail sorting depot is apparently in a bit of chaos.

At least they have given you an update, which is a lot more than some UK companies are doing just now! (Homebase turned off their phone lines at one point and are ignoring all communication)

Yeah I'm pleased that they picked up and that they gave me some info, even hinting at a refund which is generous of them. We will see how it goes. Will keep updates when/if I receive the soap!

I've made purchases from them in the past & have been highly satisfied. The global pandemic is causing delays with many businesses.
Same. In fact, last year I sent a package to my father for father's day and it never arrived. They replaced it immediately. I'm a huge fan of this company.

Yet your title should read "problem with delivery during pandemic" as it is clearly not seller's fault. Actually it is out of their control and that type of title is not fair as far as TESC is concern creating false reputation over the internet.

Well to be fair, not responding to the emails was a problem with them, wasn't it?

That is a problem indeed. But I wonder had they have access to their email in the meantime...

If the order was mailed what kind of answer is expected?

Last edited:
Hello,

I am sorry for the delay in arrival of your order. It is likely due to the Pandemic. Rest assured it was shipped on X/Y/Z, via LMQ Method, and the tracking information is available through This Link. Please allow 2-4 weeks extra for international delivery and reach out to us again with any further questions or if it has still not arrived at that time.
Best Regards,

Yet your title should read "problem with delivery during pandemic" as it is clearly not seller's fault. Actually it is out of their control and that type of title is not fair as far as TESC is concern creating false reputation over the internet.

I have not slandered their name by any means, I have only shared my experience and asked for some advice/info/help. The only bad thing I said was that they were not professional(even more so I did say IN MY OPINION). I retract that statement, in light of what Abz88 said. 5 weeks from UK to UK.... That's rough. I honestly did not have any idea that the pandemic was affecting the UK in that way, because my only experience with the UK during this time was MWF lotion which arrived super fast. How would I know?

Oh and the thing that really pissed me off initially was the fact that after 2 E-mails sent with no reply I got an E-mail from them saying:

"Hello Avgust-Aleksander N/A

Thank you for your recent purchase from The English Shaving Company.

We hope you have received your items and had a chance to use them by now.

We would like to invite you to review the products in your order. This not only provides valuable feedback for both other customers and ourselves, it also enters you into a monthly prize draw to win shaving goods with a value of at least £25

One product review = one entry, and there is no limit on the amount of times you can enter.*

Simply click on a product below to get started!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
International shipping during these testing times seems hit and miss, with more miss than hit.
I've bought from them years ago and the transaction went smooth.

I don't know about you but I would not be judging the vendor at all for a delivery delay that is outside of their control. Even our domestic goods here have large delays from what was overnight to a few weeks delay.

Agreed! After all of this is over, whenever, I will order from them again, through their site this time. And then I'll see how it goes :)

Top Bottom