What's new

Problems with Peterson?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I got a bent Peterson awhile back and it had the very high draft hole. I don't smoke it much as it's a pain to run a pipe cleaner through it.

Here's the thread I posted then:

Peterson System?

Buyer beware! The Peterson Horn Stem Spigot (408) I returned to SP with a defective loose stem is now for sale again on their site. I received an email from Kaye, evidently in customer service, stating that she and another person both inspected the pipe and found nothing loose. She theorized low temps and humidity caused the stem to loosen up but it was now tight again. I emailed her back and told her it was defective, either because of a snapped stem inside that fitting or because the stem spun freely when the pipe gets cold and dry. I suggested strongly they not re-sell it. They’ve chosen to re-sell it. My advice to anyone here who’s thinking of buying that pipe is to avoid it.

After Kaye with SP read the email I sent her, she has removed the pipe from inventory to re-check it. Hopefully, it will go back to Peterson.

Buyer beware! The Peterson Horn Stem Spigot (408) I returned to SP with a defective loose stem is now for sale again on their site. I received an email from Kaye, evidently in customer service, stating that she and another person both inspected the pipe and found nothing loose. She theorized low temps and humidity caused the stem to loosen up but it was now tight again. I emailed her back and told her it was defective, either because of a snapped stem inside that fitting or because the stem spun freely when the pipe gets cold and dry. I suggested strongly they not re-sell it. They’ve chosen to re-sell it. My advice to anyone here who’s thinking of buying that pipe is to avoid it.

Need an SP pipe number (nnn-nnn-nnnnn).

Top Bottom