What's new

problems storing shaving goods in humid room

Anyone had problems keeping their soap and razors in the bathroom?

I dont keep most my straight in there but i noticed the one that I use and keep in there is getting dark( from humidity )
and one of the glycerine soaps that is getting white outside before i even used it

any similar problems ?

Anyone had problems keeping their soap and razors in the bathroom?

I dont keep most my straight in there but i noticed the one that I use and keep in there is getting dark( from humidity )
and one of the glycerine soaps that is getting white outside before i even used it

any similar problems ?

I've noticed water spots on my Wapi from getting splashed in it's holder (how????). Do you oil your straight frequently? That might be the trick to use.

all my straight are oiled and in another room
the one is use every day is the bathroom and not oiled but dried everytime

how about the soap, can not oil that for sure !:biggrin:

You also might check your brush; if they are not given a chance to dry out completely they can occasionally develop mildew. So I am told, anyway.

Any Carbon Steel product will rust very quickly and easily if exposed to moisture. Any straight razor no matter the material needs to be kept as far away from humidity as possible.

So where do you guys keep your stuff? I have a medicine cabinet behind the mirror where I keep everything. Is that acceptable? What do you oil your straight razor with? :yikes:

I use choji oil
That is the oil used for japanese sword in japan for centuries.

but i still want to know where other people store their shaving products, soaps,after shaves...

Top Bottom