What's new

Problem with Stirling's glacial balms

Specifically the scented variations. I've got Lemon Chill & Strawberry Lemonade balms, both glacial. Problem is, there's no chilling effect, not even faintly. Stirling's glacial unscented balm certainly chills, as do the glacial soaps I own. Anyone else have this issue?
I am not dissatisfied with these products, quite good at smoothing one's skin out, and pleasing scents (I put a small amount of the Strawberry Lemonade balm on a finger/upper lip and couldn't stop sniffing my fingers, was that good). I was just expecting some chilling effect.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I have Stirling Unscented Glacial and it’s also superb as a balm and ‘meh’ as a frost delivery system.

I dissolved a bunch of menthol crystals in grain alcohol and also in a Walmart moisturizer and both of those do the trick.

Things get really interesting if you get their menthol liquid drops and mix it in your hand. You can add as much as you like. I've done this with Nivea and other balms with good results.

I haven't tried Stirling balms but their glacial splashes and bath soaps are plenty chilling.

Top Bottom