What's new

Problem With Mitchell's Wool Fat?

It would be nice to hear from the OP again to see if he tried anything that was suggested. Unfortunately he hasn't been back since starting this thread.

Maybe try some bottled water, or distilled water. See if there's a difference. I purchased one of those $20 water testers for PPM. Ours tap water runs 500-600PPM, while bottled or distilled runs 0-1PPM. Drinking water for us is usually bottled or filtered.

Like others have said, more water usually works, slowly added.

I live in typical suburbia. Very hard water, some soaps are finicky, MWF being one of them sometimes (and Arko, Derby, Williams). Some that I've never had a problem with are oldies but goodies as well: Tabac, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Truefitt & Hill, Proraso, Cella. Many artisan soaps with no issues also.

It would be nice to hear from the OP again to see if he tried anything that was suggested. Unfortunately he hasn't been back since starting this thread.
Maybe he just danged it all to heck, and was done with it.

72dangit_6df4520e-34db-4962-9334-51276613b8e3_large.jpg

I'm going electric!

Late return, it took quite a bit more water, but it worked. I did also try soaking it, usually for only 15-60 minutes in hot water, but I didn't notice a big difference. The extra water made it much better and I was amazed at just how much it took.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm now going to use it till it's gone.:straight:

I think I still have some sitting in the back somewhere. Maybe I’ll take for another spin one time when I’m not in a hurry.

Top Bottom