What's new

Problem with DSCOSMETIC Brush in U.S. Customs?

So in late December I ordered the DSCOSMETIC Kensurfs Xmas handle Brush through Aliexpress. It shipped promptly on 30 December, and made it's way to the U.S. On 7 January the tracking says "Arrived (and Departed) Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item." Then on 8 January it says "Held by customs, Import clearance failure." The USPS tracking had indicated it was passing through the International Bridge of LAX. So I waited about a week and called up customs. The two people I talked to told me there was no way for them to look it up and to just wait.

Now it's about a month since it shipped and still no sign of movement on the tracking. Is this normal? Should I just wait? Is there somewhere else I should try to contact?

~Eric

So in late December I ordered the DSCOSMETIC Kensurfs Xmas handle Brush through Aliexpress. It shipped promptly on 30 December, and made it's way to the U.S. On 7 January the tracking says "Arrived (and Departed) Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item." Then on 8 January it says "Held by customs, Import clearance failure." The USPS tracking had indicated it was passing through the International Bridge of LAX. So I waited about a week and called up customs. The two people I talked to told me there was no way for them to look it up and to just wait.

Now it's about a month since it shipped and still no sign of movement on the tracking. Is this normal? Should I just wait? Is there somewhere else I should try to contact?

~Eric

If it were me I would contact DS Cosmetics. I used to drive a truck back and fourth to Canada all the time. Chances are there is a paperwork issue (That doesn’t take much. It’s complicated) either on the brokers side or on the shipper.

DS Cosmetics can intact the carrier or their broker to get things cleared up. Or just send another brush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I would probably contact the seller and let them have a chance to work it out. Maybe they missed ticking a box on the custom form.

If it were me I would contact DS Cosmetics. I used to drive a truck back and fourth to Canada all the time. Chances are there is a paperwork issue (That doesn’t take much. It’s complicated) either on the brokers side or on the shipper.

DS Cosmetics can intact the carrier or their broker to get things cleared up. Or just send another brush.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+2! Good suggestion!!

In part, this may also be related the ‘trade war’ with China. Customs may be extra careful these days..

~Eric

Ordered the summer edition of the same brush from the same seller through Aliexpress on January 6. Brush arrived on January 25. Cleared customs in Newark.

Package took an unusual route, but that happens with these hub-and-spoke shipping companies. Created a bit of anxiety, but it got here.

U.S. Customs is worse than useless when fielding inquiries from the public. In your case, I'd contact dscosmetics and see where they take it.

Sooooo.... Here's an update: I still do not have this item in hand. I also still do not know what the hold up was, as U.S. Customs is absolutely worthless at the personal/private level.

I decided to contact the seller (DSCOSMETIC) on the 8th of February as it had reached a month stuck with U.S. Customs. They messaged back that they would look into it... I have not heard from them since. However, on the 10th it popped back up in my USPS Informed Delivery tracker, and by the 12th both USPS and International Trackers reported that it had cleared Customs.

Currently it seems to be moving through California. The International Trackers are no longer populating new information. But in USPS it is "Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item" and several updates as to it's whereabouts are getting populated every time it hops cities...

Soooo... At least it is moving now, and hopefully I'll get it soon...

Sooooo.... Here's an update: I still do not have this item in hand. I also still do not know what the hold up was, as U.S. Customs is absolutely worthless at the personal/private level.

I decided to contact the seller (DSCOSMETIC) on the 8th of February as it had reached a month stuck with U.S. Customs. They messaged back that they would look into it... I have not heard from them since. However, on the 10th it popped back up in my USPS Informed Delivery tracker, and by the 12th both USPS and International Trackers reported that it had cleared Customs.

Currently it seems to be moving through California. The International Trackers are no longer populating new information. But in USPS it is "Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item" and several updates as to it's whereabouts are getting populated every time it hops cities...

Soooo... At least it is moving now, and hopefully I'll get it soon...

Sounds like it's back on track. Hope you get it soon.

Top Bottom