What's new

Problem / Solution

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I waited all day for my first bottle of Parker Quink Blue Black, but there was a problem.
20210731_163803_kindlephoto-18289269.jpg

But I found a solution, my prescription bottle lid fits perfectly.
There's even a plastic seal under the cap.
20210731_180736_kindlephoto-20246158.jpg

😆

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Lucky. Did it come like that or broke while you were removing it?

I had a bottle that broke at the neck while I was unscrewing it after it got tight on me. Good that is was upright on the table. Had to transfer the ink to another bottle.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Lucky. Did it come like that or broke while you were removing it?

I had a bottle that broke at the neck while I was unscrewing it after it got tight on me. Good that is was upright on the table. Had to transfer the ink to another bottle.
The cap was already broken in the box. They ship them in cheap padded envelopes that don't do much. I was pretty lucky to find an old script bottle with a lid that fit and screws on, since I had nothing handy to pour the ink into.

I was able to test it out in my Pilot Metropolitan, and really like the Parker Quink ink a lot.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I wasn’t familiar with Quink but I’m m seeing negative reviews about A’s bad packaging.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Yes, they're using thinly padded envelopes a lot more these days it seems.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Oh no! Glad you had another cap handy. Hey, what you think of the Quink Blue-Black? It was one of my first full bottles of ink. I couldn't get on with it. The color is awesome when the ink is fresh, but I didn't like the dull teal color is dried down to. Maybe I got a bad bottle.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Oh no! Glad you had another cap handy. Hey, what you think of the Quink Blue-Black? It was one of my first full bottles of ink. I couldn't get on with it. The color is awesome when the ink is fresh, but I didn't like the dull teal color is dried down to. Maybe I got a bad bottle.
I only have very limited experience with fountain pens and different inks.
So with that caveat in mind, I agree with your description of "dull" look of the ink.

When I first tried it I thought it flowed very nicely in my Pilot Metropolitan, the pen felt very smooth with this ink. However, I like the Waterman blue ink better, and the Pilot Standard black as well. The Pilot and Waterman also looked bolder. I think the Parker Quink is closer to the Pelikan Royal Blue as far as lubrication and how it flows, but the Pelikan is nicer color wise.

So in my very limited experience, I would say there's better available ink available.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I only have very limited experience with fountain pens and different inks.
So with that caveat in mind, I agree with your description of "dull" look of the ink.

When I first tried it I thought it flowed very nicely in my Pilot Metropolitan, the pen felt very smooth with this ink. However, I like the Waterman blue ink better, and the Pilot Standard black as well. The Pilot and Waterman also looked bolder. I think the Parker Quink is closer to the Pelikan Royal Blue as far as lubrication and how it flows, but the Pelikan is nicer color wise.

So in my very limited experience, I would say there's better available ink available.
Addemdum to my post.
This morning I wanted to do a little experiment with this Parker Quink ink, and see how it performs in my Shaeffer Imperial because it writes a little wider or bolder than the Pilot Metropolitan.
I must say that I was happy with the results I had with the Parker ink in my Sheaffer pen. The ink looks much nicer when used in this pen, and is a nice match. The color still isn't my favorite, but still would be fine for practicing and general writing. I have some Diamine Midnight Hour ink on the way, and looking forward to trying that one also.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Addemdum to my post.
This morning I wanted to do a little experiment with this Parker Quink ink, and see how it performs in my Shaeffer Imperial because it writes a little wider or bolder than the Pilot Metropolitan.
I must say that I was happy with the results I had with the Parker ink in my Sheaffer pen. The ink looks much nicer when used in this pen, and is a nice match. The color still isn't my favorite, but still would be fine for practicing and general writing. I have some Diamine Midnight Hour ink on the way, and looking forward to trying that one also.
Its funny how an ink will look or perform better in one pen vs another. Nevertheless, I suspect you'll like the Diamine ink better.

Top Bottom