What's new

Problem - can ones face be too clean before shaving?

If I use my garnier fructis or whatever shampoo, my razor sticks like that. However, if I use my cheap suave apple shampoo it works just fine. Try switching soaps?

TomH said:
...IMO a face is never so dirty that you must use any kind of soap:smile:

Cheers
Thomas

Unfortunately, while your face may be free of visible dirt, it contains more bacteria than any other part of the body, with the exception of the hands. I know this seems to be way out of whack, especially when you consider certain "areas" of the body, but I've seen studies done where they swab different body parts, including the previously mentioned "areas", and the face always comes in second behind the hands. How much effect soap would have on this I don't know, and perhaps shaving cream has a similar effect to the soap, but it's just something to think about.

Jordan

For years prior to shaving I wet my face with very warm to hot water. Then I "wash my face" with Noxzema deep cleansing cream, this is the original that is in the blue plastic jar. Rinse my face, lather with shaving soap or cream and shave. The Noxzema is water base, so it washes off clean and I think it does a good job of preping my face prior to appling lather.

The Npxzema is very cheep and it lasts a long time.:smile: :smile: :smile:

Top Bottom