What's new

Probably the best cream I've ever used

I used KMF Lavender as a brushless travel cream for a while. I thought the scent was synthetic but not bad. Performance was very good, price was good, ingredients were good. Plus it was stocked at my favorite grocery store. I always like to buy local when I can. The store quit stocking it and I saw rumors here that they were going out of business so I moved on to other products.

Glad to hear they are back in business. If I run acrossthis cream locally again I may have to grab a tube.

I used KMF Lavender as a brushless travel cream for a while. I thought the scent was synthetic but not bad. Performance was very good, price was good, ingredients were good. Plus it was stocked at my favorite grocery store. I always like to buy local when I can. The store quit stocking it and I saw rumors here that they were going out of business so I moved on to other products.

Glad to hear they are back in business. If I run acrossthis cream locally again I may have to grab a tube.

It’s interesting to hear people describe the scent as synthetic. KMF uses real lavender oil and doesn’t appear to use any synthetic ingredients in its list of ingredients.

It’s interesting to hear people describe the scent as synthetic. KMF uses real lavender oil and doesn’t appear to use any synthetic ingredients in its list of ingredients.
It's probably that our noses are so accustomed to fake/synthetic scents, that we relate those to real...mind tricks.

Lavender is a great example, as I have had a few true lavenders and they are nothing like the fake ones.

It's been a few years and maybe my tastes will have changed now. I still prefer muted or weak scented products.

I hope they start making it against and it's readily available locally. If that's the case, I'll be using a tube of it when my Proraso runs out.

It's probably that our noses are so accustomed to fake/synthetic scents, that we relate those to real...mind tricks.

Lavender is a great example, as I have had a few true lavenders and they are nothing like the fake ones.

It's been a few years and maybe my tastes will have changed now. I still prefer muted or weak scented products.

I hope they start making it against and it's readily available locally. If that's the case, I'll be using a tube of it when my Proraso runs out.

There are lots of different "true lavender scents", just like there are a variety of sandalwood scents. This comes about because there are different species of lavender and sandalwood within the overall families. However, there are certainly both lavender and sandalwood scents that have been heavily adulterated as well.

Natural ingredients is one of the things I like about KMF products . Whatever it is they do with lavender, maybe it’s too concentrated, but it smells off to me. Or at least the one tube I tried did. They had a lime one too that also smelled artificial to me. I suspect their is more to getting the scent right than just using an essential oil vs fragrance oil, but that’s not my arena. I just nose what I like and nose what I don’t like. :)

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Have found this cream's ease of use even without lather to be of great convenience.

If I can't get a cream/soap/dollar store shave gel to work, KMF and a saved shave is a pump or two away.

And if I don't use the KMF immediately, it stings previously irritated areas to remind me of my malfeasance.

And I think I finally figured out why even my dryest attempts at lathering it failed: one pump dispenses less than a full snurdle and I'm at too new a stage in this obsession to get acceptable results from optimal-sized amounts

I went through a pump bottle of the Peaceful Patchouli. Great performance but I'd give it a 4/10 on scent. Nice scent but very light. I want to find a stronger-scented patch shaving cream or soap.

I use a small shot of the KMF unscented variety in conjunction with whatver cream I'm using each day - boosts the lather quality immensely.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Another good use for KMF is to boost soaps that are difficult to lather. Add a squirt of KMF on top of the soap puck and lathering is easy.

My KMF is the pomegranate-grapefruit scent, so I’d really want a neutral-smelling soap for that.

This afternoon, mixed a few pumps of said KMF with a shot of Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel and three-four drops of glycerin in my bowl. With an accidentally oversoaked brush, I still had to add water and got a monster heap of dense lather easily good for several, multipass shaves.

Using a smaller shot and fewer pumps tonight so I can be in the same room as the lather.

Top Bottom