What's new

Prince Albert is being discontinued

I think I read through the whole thread. Russ O said it was misinformation. Unless there was something I missed.

[prank phone call to drugstore] Do you have Prince Albert in a can?
[drugstore] Yes we do!.
[prank phone call to drugstore] Then you'd better let him out!
[hang up]

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
After all these years and bad jokes, they finally let him out of the can.

Now if I could only stop my refrigerator from running.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
After all these years and bad jokes, they finally let him out of the can.

Now if I could only stop my refrigerator from running.
My son is 18. Recently myself, my brother, my cousin got together and we told stories. Luckily for me those two didn't incriminate me too much; all the stories were about our days before we discovered alcohol, lol.
Anywho, we got to talking about crank phone calls. There was a lady (I eventually ended up cutting her hair years later and never did confess) that we called DAILY in the summer and asked to speak to Danny. Her name was Shirley Partridge. Another guy was Jerry Reed. We'd tell him we loved his last movie, ask how Burt Reynolds was doing. He usually played along. Shirley would go ballistic! A guy named Wolfgang would pick up the phone and we'd all three howl. Good times, lol. My son wondered how we got away with it. He doesn't remember a time before caller I.D. I'm old, ugh.
I suppose I better buy a tub or two. I really like PA for a quick smoke in the morning and really don’t care for Carter Hall.
My dad would use the Prince to roll his own on the weekends. The rest of the time he'd smoke Pall Malls, unfiltered, of course. He ALWAYS smoked Prince Albert in his pipes, NEVER smoked any of my "girly" Borkum Riff. Lol, I miss that old fart. But then again, my wife says I'm becoming him. Good thing for me she loved him so much. I was really blessed by how well they got along with each other. He loved her as much as a blood daughter, and the feeling was mutual. He died 13 years ago this month, and I think she misses him more than me... sorry for the ramblings of my old brain, gents, you are all too good to me.

I read the entire string in the forums and I'd say the OP is (still) true.

Prince Albert is Being Discontinued :: Pipe Tobacco Discussion :: Pipe Smokers Forums

I mean, not that I am normally one to dissuade anyone from bulk tobacco purchases for any reason, but I think even the OP acknowledged in the later posts that he/she likely received bad information upon further review.

aldecaker

I just got off the phone with P&C customer service. I was informed that Prince Albert was being discontinued, and that was why they've been out of the 1.5 oz. pouches for a while. Sad day for me, but at least I have a 2 or 3 pounds stashed away. Hard to see another icon go by the wayside.

A man who serves his country is a patriot. A man who serves his government is an employee. The two are not always the same thing.
POSTED 2 DAYS AGO #

aldecaker

Yeah, sorry about that, MSO. I thought since I had heard it from two different sources, it was legit info. Boy, was I wrong.
proxy.php

POSTED 3 HOURS AGO #

That same rumor circulated about Sir Walter Aro a few years back, which is how I ended up with a bit over a pound of that stashed away. Rinse and repeat for Erin Go Bragh pouches about a year later.

That same rumor circulated about Sir Walter Aro a few years back, which is how I ended up with a bit over a pound of that stashed away. Rinse and repeat for Erin Go Bragh pouches about a year later.

Ooo now I'm curious to pop open the pouch of erin go bragh I have. Gotta wait till I finish a couple of the other pouches I have opened :lol:

I lived in Prince Albert, SK Canada for a long time. Always got a kick out of smoking the stuff. Glad it's still around.

If I liked Carter Hall and SWR, yet prefered CH... and am a big burley lover in general... shall I try it?
Not easy to get some of it in Germany so it would have to worth the hassle!

Last edited:
Top Bottom