What's new

Primary Colognes

it's funny to see this old thread resurrected - to see Scotto say he doesn't do much with frags is funny - once he got the bug he must have been one of the greatest frag testers of all time.

What I wear tends to depend on my mood or the weather, but I pretty much wear something different every day. Cool rainy day like today gets C&S #88, even though it's not really a great work scent, I'm feeling rather vampiric today. Sunny days usually get a lavender, or Penns BB for example. Sandalwood and Incensy things may have to wait for Fall or Winter now, or get used at church.

Andrew, I'd be interested to see how your tastes have changed/evolved since this was first presented.

Tim, my tastes has changed since this thread. Here are my latest:

Work: Givenchy Vetyver or Carthusia Numero Uno

Evening events: Lalique Encre Noire or MPG Parfum D'Habit

Lounging at home: Trumpers Spanish Leather or DR Harris Arlington

Church: Floris #89 or Penhaligons Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Tim, my tastes has changed since this thread. Here are my latest:

Work: Givenchy Vetyver or Carthusia Numero Uno

Evening events: Lalique Encre Noire or MPG Parfum D'Habit

Lounging at home: Trumpers Spanish Leather or DR Harris Arlington

Church: Floris #89 or Penhaligons Acqua Di Parma Colonia

Nice! Thanks for the reply. I find your collection facinating. :thumbup:

Part of the fun of fragrance for me is variety. While incense and leather may get more wear in colder weather (of which we have more than enough in Minneapolis) and citrus may get more wear in warmer weather (of which we are short), I use lighter and heavier frags all year long--and everything in between (floral, spice, woods, and so on). That said, I've probably used one fragrance more often (and more total) than any other: Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien, a sparkling citrus and green scent that's relatively short-lived. Turns out I've come to enjoy a single spritz when turning out the lights. It's an olfactory "ahhhhhhhhhhhh."

If we want to get into bed-time scents, I frequently douse myself in Agua Lavanda (Puig) before bed, the splash bottle, or one of the other Spanish lavenders, Yardley lavender or Arden Sandalwood (which is really a lavender). It's impossible to OD on any of the above and they are all very relaxing, espacially in the Summer.

I personally have three distinct recommended usage times that I break them down into.

Daytime: Hugo by Hugo Boss, Halston Z-14, Safari by Ralph Lauren, Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

Evening: Fendi Uomo, Burberry

Romantic: Armani by Giorgio Armani, Boucheron Pour Homme

Top Bottom