What's new

Prices on UK products

The folks are going on a trip to the uk (including London) and are asking if I want them to bring anything back. The British products I use are Castle Forbes, Harris Arlington, and Pen's Castile. Anyone know if any of these are especially good deals there compared to in the US?
More importantly, anyone know if Penhaligon's English Fern shave soap is still available there in its tallowy beauty?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I realized that I put this thread in the wrong forum. Any way for this to be moved to the General forum?
This is what I get for posting late at night.

Last edited:
To be honest, your'e high end scent/soap list is only likely to be available from those shops in St James St and top department stores/chemists. I live in London and still get my Harris soap mail order its cheaper, I paid £11 ~$16 for Marlborough in a bowl I doubt they sell it at the London shop for that.
If it is is possible to arrange I would order it from a UK online retailer and have it delivered to where your'e folks are staying, I would imagine that at whatever price they get it at will be better than US prices.

Last edited:
this might be blasphemy but i'd ask your folks to bring you back the good stuff from the supermarkets

Palmolive cream and soap stick
Ingrams cream (blue one, the green is brushless and crap)
Boots soap stick
Erasmic
Wilkinson Sword
Tabac

this thread might help

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=118&pp=10

Hando is talking sense. DR Harris, Floris etc are readily availoble on line and you will benefit from exchange rates shopping online. But I doubt you will get a Palmolive stick for 60 pence shipped.

Also 3T Harris etc are not actually that widely available outside St James and Mayfair and you might not feel too good about your folks spending too much time running after them when they could be enjoying the National Gallery or taking tea somewhere nice.:001_smile

Also 3T Harris etc are not actually that widely available outside St James and Mayfair and you might not feel too good about your folks spending too much time running after them when they could be enjoying the National Gallery or taking tea somewhere nice.:001_smile

+1 tiffen comes first i'm afraid

Top Bottom