What's new

Preyda surgical black

Hi Tim!!!
I have and yes but they will need lapping here is mine

copy Arkansas soft2jpg.jpgcopy Hard White Arkansas2.jpgHard Black Arkansas2.jpgSurgical Black Arkansas Bench Stone1.jpgSurgical Black Arkansas Bench Stone2.jpg

and when lapping use sic powder I was days on the last 2 but worth it...

Hi Tim!!!
I have and yes but they will need lapping here is mine

View attachment 1020706View attachment 1020708View attachment 1020709View attachment 1020710View attachment 1020711

and when lapping use sic powder I was days on the last 2 but worth it...

Thank you for that and good to know. I have seen a bunch of threads with Dan’s and Natural Whetstones but not much on the stones from RH Preyda. I just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with their SB before I purchased one. I will definitely look into the sic powder also.

Thanks,
Tim

Thank you for that and good to know. I have seen a bunch of threads with Dan’s and Natural Whetstones but not much on the stones from RH Preyda. I just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with their SB before I purchased one. I will definitely look into the sic powder also.

Thanks,
Tim

I will admit Dan's are fantastic stones they do come flat, so it could be worth the extra to get Dan's as it would save hours lapping.
But to me it was the challenge as I had never lapped one and I found out the hard way, it killed 2 DMT's a whole bunch of wet and dry emery paper very fast.
That's when I found out about sic powder and lapping glass that I bought plus a steel lapping plate.

Over the last year or so, I've had a notable number of Arks here from the well known current sellers and other sources also.
Dan's stones were not flatter than those from RHP, but SIC is the great eqalizer when it's paired with a good substrate.

Top Bottom