What's new

Preview of Rooney's New Heritage Line

This is just a preview, a “teaser” if you will, of the new Rooney HERITAGE range that I will be introducing in the very near future. A shipment arrived yesterday that contained a small number of some, but not all, of the new brushes. I though I’d share with you pictures of just a couple of my favorites.

The brand name HERITAGE, as you would expect, harkens back to the early days of R.A. Rooney. The imitation bone handles and the styles chosen are strikingly similar to brushes found in old factory archives. All the brushes in the HERITAGE range are filled with Rooney’s top grade of Super Silvertip badger, labeled simply as “Super Badger”.

The one on the left is the smallest of the “Alibaba” series. It has a 20 mm knot, a 48 mm handle, and is 92 mm overall. There are three sizes in this style.

The middle brush is the medium sized “Stubby”. It has a 24 mm knot, a 48 mm handle, with an overall height of 96 mm. There are three sizes in this style as well.

The brush on the right, which when I fist saw its picture thought was the ugliest thing and now find to be one of my favorites, is called the “Beehive”. It comes in only the one size which has a 21 mm knot, a 46 mm handle, and has an overall height of 92 mm.

There are two other models called the "Victorian" and the "Emillion" with overall heights of 125 mm and 110mm respectively.

I hope to have what brushes that I have on hand available for sale by the end on next week. I will post on the forum when they are available.

Wow! those are beautiful. The Alibaba and the Beehive both speak to me...

I was just saying I had conquered my SBAD. Pride goeth before a fall.....

Great looking brushes - I'm a big fan of the Rooney I have.

Couple of questions - what's pricing like and the Stubby seems to be very similar to the #1, but with a slightly longer handle with a bit of a taper.

How are these brushes going to be priced? I honestly do not know. This and other issues have not been decided yet. This was the first shipment. I am not ready to begin selling the brushes yet. I do not have all the details yet (obviously).

What I can tell you about is the quality of the badger hair used to fill the brushes. While they are clearly marked “Super Badger”, these brushes have the best grade of “Super” that I have ever seen come out of the UK. This is going to sound like complete marketing hype, but in my opinion Lee Sabini should have stamped these brushes “Super Super Badger”. This will undoubtedly be the topic of numerous posts in the future.

LOL...LG...u were just foolin' yerself about "conquering" yer SBAD !!!! U were just in a slight remission. Nobody really "conquers" SBAD once they catch it .

This new launch of Rooney's will undoubtedly launch severe & grotesque
SBAD FLARE-UPS in any & all of the Remissionaries out there in ShaveLand...
Many'a SWMBO's will be gnashing their teeth 'n gnashing some butt 2 !!!

Mighty fine line-up indeed. Nice to see Rooney innovating stylistically. Think
their gonna sell real good, especially the Beehive. Way Cool.

Nice job Mr Sabini. we're tippin' our hat's 2 ya !!!

I almost forgot. Here is a picture of the Emillion. I did not realize that there were two of them in the shipment that I received.

OAL: 110 mm
Handle: 60 mm
Knot: 24 mm

There should be ways to make certain threads invisible or unreadable... Looking at these a little too closely and almost anybody would get a bad case of SBAD... Thankfully for my bank account SWMBO isn't as easily persuaded by pretty pictures :lol:. Besides my recently ordered Kent BK4 hasn't even arrived yet. Very nice line up indeed!

Jim, two words. Stop it!:eek: :w00t: :biggrin: You are killing me here! Alibaba strongly resembles the famous C&E Best Badger handle...and it's one of my favorites. And I've been wanting a Chubby, so now the Stubby appears! All beautiful brushes. Will there be different handle types?

Randy

Top Bottom