What's new

Preview is Missing

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Where did the “preview post” feature go? I like previewing my posts before posting to avoid the need for editing. Especially when attaching pictures, because it can get kind of busy.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
We have just had a site upgrade, so somethings look a bit different.
I see a preview option on the top right side of the tool bar.

Capture.JPG

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Trying it again just to make sure.

Ok, it’s actually kind of neat since it completely switches to a full preview and you have to tap it again to continue editing.

Now let’s see how it works with pictures. This was my morning commute yesterday.
2230F376-54A9-468B-95BB-C6BE4951C7E1.jpeg

Well, I must say that I like it much better than the old version, except it’s just not obvious how to use it.

We have just had a site upgrade, so somethings look a bit different.
I see a preview option on the top right side of the tool bar.

View attachment 1337596
The new top right location of the "Preview" button is inconvenient when posting a large comment, such as a long review or one loaded with lots of photos. You have to scroll up to the top of the post, click the "Preview" button, scroll back down to view the full preview, scroll back up to click the "Preview" button again to get out of the preview, scroll down again to the text box to edit your post...etc. until you're satisfied enough to click the "Post reply" button.

It was much more convenient when the "Preview" button was right next to the "Post reply" button at the bottom of the post. Also, clicking the "Preview" button didn't lock you out of editing the post. That might be my biggest peeve with this change.

Is this only an issue that I'm seeing (or care about)? I get this behaviour on Chrome and Safari. Maybe I won't bother editing my posts from now on! 😜

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The new top right location of the "Preview" button is inconvenient when posting a large comment, such as a long review or one loaded with lots of photos. You have to scroll up to the top of the post, click the "Preview" button, scroll back down to view the full preview, scroll back up to click the "Preview" button again to get out of the preview, scroll down again to the text box to edit your post...etc. until you're satisfied enough to click the "Post reply" button.

It was much more convenient when the "Preview" button was right next to the "Post reply" button at the bottom of the post. Also, clicking the "Preview" button didn't lock you out of editing the post. That might be my biggest peeve with this change.

Is this only an issue that I'm seeing (or care about)? I get this behaviour on Chrome and Safari. Maybe I won't bother editing my posts from now on! 😜
With every iteration or upgrade, there are going to be changes that some like and some don't. I'm sorry that it's inconvenient, it wasn't intended to be. It's actually intended to avoid accidentally hitting "Post reply" instead of "Preview".
At least for the time being, we'll have to see how things go for a while. You could look at it as saving you some needless edit work, we'll still read and like your posts even if they aren't the picture of perfection!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
With every iteration or upgrade, there are going to be changes that some like and some don't. I'm sorry that it's inconvenient, it wasn't intended to be. It's actually intended to avoid accidentally hitting "Post reply" instead of "Preview".
At least for the time being, we'll have to see how things go for a while. You could look at it as saving you some needless edit work, we'll still read and like your posts even if they aren't the picture of perfection!
As one who has accidentally hit the post button instead of the preview button, I like the separation. However, I do understand the extra inconvenience. Maybe the next upgrade will solve both issues.

Top Bottom