What's new

Pretty razors & combos

I haven't seen a thread on the prettiest or the most aesthetically pleasing razors that people own. Thought I'll start my own here. Pics do count a lot here.

20210108_192702.jpg

They're my pretties and also happen to be my top 4 favorite razors with their respective blades which work best with them.

That's the EJ 3ONE6, followed by a Merkur 39c, a Muhle Rocca matte and finally my R41 with the tortoiseshell handle.

In order of best shaves, I go R41 with Nacet, 3ONE6 with Gillette green, 3ONE6 with GSB, 39C with Feather and finally my Rocca with a Polsilver (I'd actually say my Polsilver would do well with any razor, but its an endangered species now and I'm down to my final tuck, so I haven't tested it as much as I'd like). Would also like to note the Astra SP is my best ever blade, but after 2 years of almost exclusively using them, I'm forcing myself to lay off them for a while.

So, please post the prettiest razors you own and use on a regular basis. I do believe you'd kick off a RAD trip for someone somewhere!

This guy is in rotation with the rest of my Gillettes. 1909 ABC Pocket Edition.
View attachment 1205985
Reminds me of an ancient bronze Gillette my great Grandfather got in WW1 when he was in France (he was part of the army conscripted from India). I didn't really find out what it was called, a Tech or whatever, but I was the one who finally broke it. Not a great shaver, but I guess by the time I got my hands on it, it had suffered a great many years of abuse and I finally put it out of it's misery.

Always nice to see one in great condition!

Matching would be nice, as in razor and brush. I have the Muhle Rocca Birch Bark razor and would like to have the matching brush.

Top Bottom