What's new

B&B LE Group buy *Presenting: The 2018 B&B Brown Leaf LE Pipe!*

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
The acrylic stem is indeed from a blank, which will be slightly reshaped and the button radically thinned down. The ebonite will be cut from rod, will have a thinner bite behind the button, smaller button, and the airway will be more opened up with a deep funnel. The 2016 pipe had an acrylic blank, and the 2017 a hand cut, so if you where to inspect the two stems side by side you will see the difference. If any of you have any more question please don't hesitate to ask. Now that the project has officially started, I'll be around here more, and like last year I'll start a photo thread.

I might need to upgrade my stem choice!!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The acrylic stem is indeed from a blank, which will be slightly reshaped and the button radically thinned down. The ebonite will be cut from rod, will have a thinner bite behind the button, smaller button, and the airway will be more opened up with a deep funnel. The 2016 pipe had an acrylic blank, and the 2017 a hand cut, so if you where to inspect the two stems side by side you will see the difference. If any of you have any more question please don't hesitate to ask. Now that the project has officially started, I'll be around here more, and like last year I'll start a photo thread.
That seals it- I will go ebonite.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hmmm i wonder what the acrylic stem looks like in comparison. I'm a fan of acrylic.
Acrylic is easier to care for, but my next order is going to include obsidian oil (for last year’s pipe), so may as well use it on another.

Acrylic is easier to care for, but my next order is going to include obsidian oil (for last year’s pipe), so may as well use it on another.
Yeah. Generally I prefer acrylic just because of maintenance. But if it changes the proportions much then I would have to hold off. The ebonite stem would push it a tad much for me sadly.

The proportions will be very much the same. It will be hard to tell to two apart unless you have them side by side.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
frabz-I-am-Number-Two-Who-is-Number-One-4c3741.jpg

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Yeah. Generally I prefer acrylic just because of maintenance. But if it changes the proportions much then I would have to hold off. The ebonite stem would push it a tad much for me sadly.
FWIW, the acryllic stem on the 2016 LE is excellent and well made, and you shouldn't hesitate at all to go with the acrylic stem this year. Paul does superb work.

Top Bottom