What's new

Prep Revolution

I tried a new prep alternative about which I recently read (can't remember where).

Step1 - apply electric razor pre-shave lotion. Whiskers stand up straight rather than being limp from warm water.

Step 2 - lather up and shave with cold water.

Simple. Fast. Cheaper than many other alternatives. Result in my case was an unusually good shave. Since I used the same razor, blade and soap, the result is in my opinion attributable to the pre-shave lotion. I know this goes against the grain (pardon the pun) of advice dispensed by gurus and some would consider this heresy. Nevertheless, it worked for me. YMMV.

To DoctorStrobe - I'm not sure whether it is permissible (B&B has lotsa rules) to mention the name here in the post, so will PM the information to you.

It was Williams Lectric Shave.
I don't have any yet, but I tried something that I do have this morning.
Splashed a bit of "V7" onto my face this morning.
I can't say it helped but it didn't hurt either.

My first time in the States many years ago on holiday, I told people that because Ireland was so much smaller, we didn’t have 7up. We had 6up.
They believed me.

I used Williams Lectric Shave when I used an electric razor and it worked well. I imagine it would be a good pre shave for a DE, SE or straight also.

To DoctorStrobe - I'm not sure whether it is permissible (B&B has lotsa rules) to mention the name here in the post, so will PM the information to you.

What rule might it be against? People mention products all the time in this forum..

You can mention products with wild abandon. No worries.

If it is you or a company you work for you cannot, unless they have vendor status here. Depending on where it is you might or might not be allowed to post a link. You cannot be a fan boy, advocating a product in lots of threads. That's my understanding of what might apply. Quite open actually, but there are a few restrictions.

Interesting. So if you don't work for a company and are just a consumer mentioning what works for you, that's wide open?

Interesting. So if you don't work for a company and are just a consumer mentioning what works for you, that's wide open?

Yes. A trip to the Soap, brush, AS, etc. forums would make it abundantly clear. "5 favorite soaps", etc.

Lectric Pre-shave is really aftershave. With an electric razor, in theory, you want your skin taught and the hairs stiff and standing to push into the electric razor mower blades.

When wetshaving, in theory, you want your skin loose and pliable to aide in razor glide, more hair exposure, and softer bristles. The aftershave is to make the skin taught to seal any microscopic nicks, sterilize the face, and cover the rest of the stubble that wasn't cut.

Again, you do what works for you.

Top Bottom