What's new

Premium CNC razor WITH overhang?

I love all the high end stainless steel CNC milled razors I see out there, but I prefer a head with blade overhang. It seems this makes the head smaller, and therefore more maneuverable.

Manufacturers I know of: Above the Tie, Timeless, Blackland, RazoRock.

Can't find anything with blade overhang. Any suggestions?

Upon closer inspection, it appears that non-Windsor razors from Above the Tie have traditional heads with blade overhang. Just what I'm looking for. Anyone looking to purchase should confirm with ATT though.

Not much different really. You either bump with the covered razor cap/plate, or catch the tab sticking out. A little overhang doesn't bother me, but would rather have it covered vs having 1/4 overhang to clip my nose or ear with.

The Timeless and Karve have just a bit of overhang (1-1.5 mm maybe), as does the Rockwell (just a bit more, maybe 2mm). The Rockwell head is fairly thick, but below the blade, so not really a problem, but not CNC it's MIM - Still looks nice polished. How much overhang are you looking for, the entire tab, or just a little bit?

I’ve never nicked myself that way but covered looks nicer to me. My pre-war Tech has overhang but my Game Changer is pretty much covered. The longer head never bothered me and I shave with the same angle with these two and efficiency is pretty much the same. For me anyway.

How much overhang are you looking for, the entire tab, or just a little bit?

Just enough to easily remove the blade. Also, my guess is razors with overhang just have smaller heads, which is what I'm really after. I don't see a point in having a head much wider than the blade.

Top Bottom