What's new

Premium Boar options

By far my favorite boar to date is the Zenith Big Scrubby with its 28X54 unbleached knot. My second favorite is also a Zenith, the bleached 24X57. Both have nicely weighted aluminium handles. I have had several different Omegas and Semogues over the years, but I never particularly enjoyed any of them.

Never used a boar I hated, 'tho the Semogue 620, 830 went floppy on me, and do not recommend. The Jade handle premium Omega from Connaught is the best I have ever used. :)

Sounds like you have a handle on the situation.
Sounds like a good idea to me that I have better handle on things I use everyday :001_302:
But to really look at it, I am more of a soap acquisition guy and have spend few preceding decades with cheap boars before joining B&B. Boars are cheap and they just work without drama (or at least once you know them long enough) for many many years. I figured since I don't want to sink money on handmade artisan handles, might as well look out for handles that appeal to me in aesthetics, impart a good 'holding' feel and do not bust the bank.
It is a very YMMV hobby but it absolutely appeals to me to buy a 'good' boar for $30 than buy a cheap looking $10 boar and have to look at it every second morning for next 10 years. Having said that I will not buy a Semogue even on 50% discount just because they are touted as 'premium'.

well thought id buy a boar and went for a cheep one first the proraso ( cough omega ) paid £8 with postage on fleabay . good choice I think .

Top Bottom