What's new

Preferred whisky glass?

Why would someone who likes ice go for the flat bottomed Glencairn (that is the "canadian" one, right)? Because it is larger and can hold the ice?

Seems like his hand warming the glass and the ice cooling the spirit would compete, making it a little unpleasant to hold and accelerating the melting of the ice. To each their own, I guess, but if I were icing my spirit I would want a stem on the glass I could hold or a thick enough wall to provide some insulation.

Why would someone who likes ice go for the flat bottomed Glencairn (that is the "canadian" one, right)? Because it is larger and can hold the ice?

Seems like his hand warming the glass and the ice cooling the spirit would compete, making it a little unpleasant to hold and accelerating the melting of the ice. To each their own, I guess, but if I were icing my spirit I would want a stem on the glass I could hold or a thick enough wall to provide some insulation.

As a user of the flat glencairn - It's quite comfortable to hold the glass near the narrowest part. This puts your fingers well away from the dram, ice, and condensation much in the same way a stem would.

Preferred whiskey glass?
Here you go. It's a little Mexican glass with a blue rim. Nothing fancy here. But will hold a healthy finger of tequila, whiskey or even a 12oz beer.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415851153.161330.jpg

As a user of the flat glencairn - It's quite comfortable to hold the glass near the narrowest part. This puts your fingers well away from the dram, ice, and condensation much in the same way a stem would.

Ah, that makes sense.

That skull glass thing posted earlier is on amazon, just search "skull shot glass". There are several that just look like a skull (without the outer shell) as well as that one. Be good for Halloween.

an echo for the mason jars; the structure helps as others noted and it looks better when i'm tending the grill or the fire pit in the back yard.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I prefer the glass the whisky came in, enclosed in a plain brown paper bag:lol:. Either that or a Welch's jelly jar

Seriously though, Glencairn all the way for scotch or bourbon

I have several of the glencairns in both shapes. I break them out when I'm trying to get to know a whiskey. If I'm drinking something that I don't care to study (most of the time in all honesty) I just break out a tumbler.

Top Bottom