What's new

Preferred brand or line of khaki pants

I tend to favor Nautica's Beacon Pant. Incredibly comfortable! Also, I really like Old Navy Slim fit khaki pants. The broken in khaki are my favorite, but to each his own. I've received many compliments on those, and I have several pair, just in case. :)

I own a few different of the colors of the Dockers Alpha Khaki pants. They work great for my job and style of dress. They go great with a Fred Perry Polo and my lace up boots.

I've had the same 2 pair of Old Navy khakis for a couple of years now. Granted they only get worn at church or a casual event that requires something nicer than jeans, but they have served me well and the price is hard to beat, especially on sale.

These may be a little north of what you want to spend, but I have found Berle to make excellent khakis for the price. Available at Nordstrom's website, americansuitstore.com, and most smaller men's shops. Great wearing and long-lasting; I highly recommend them.

I'm buying Brooks Brothers khakis on sale-they last pretty long time. Bill's khakis are available at Sierra Trading Post - the best price you can find IMO

It's been a long time since I've bought any khakis but I used to buy Savane. They were the most wrinkle resistant I found and soft feeling fabrics. I'm not sure if there still as good. I need to get another pair or two since ive outgrown my old ones. (I'm still a growing boy, I just changed direction of growth a decade or two ago.)

I'm interested in those Bill's khakis. Besides being made in the USA, what justifies the price? Also, what are the difference in the fabrics? Chamois sounds interesting but is it only soft when wet like a real Chamois?

Do they still sew the bottom of the pockets down in Dockers? Many is the pocket knife or tool I lost crouching down doing IT work with those.

Bill's khakis are available at Sierra Trading Post - the best price you can find IMO
Bill's is having sale on their own site with significant discounts.

I'm interested in those Bill's khakis. Besides being made in the USA, what justifies the price? Also, what are the difference in the fabrics? Chamois sounds interesting but is it only soft when wet like a real Chamois?
Is there a retailer near you that carries them? The Bill's site can help you find one. I stopped by one yesterday to check them out. They're definitely made better and of higher quality material than the Dockers I've been wearing. The M3's also fit me a better than the Dockers.

Last edited:
Bill's is having sale on their own site with significant discounts.

Is there a retailer near you that carries them? The Bill's site can help you find one. I stopped by one yesterday to check them out. They're definitely made better and of higher quality material than the Dockers I've been wearing. The M3's also fit me a better than the Dockers.

70% off is definitely a good amount off. Where is was planning on getting my next suit actually shows they carry them.

70% off is definitely a good amount off. Where is was planning on getting my next suit actually shows they carry them.

That is quite a good discount. I never paid full retail for my Bill's. You gotta shop around. If you stop by a local retailer and check them out, I think you will agree they are extremely well made.

Last edited:
L.L. Bean "Wrinkle-Free Dress Chinos Pleat Front Hidden Comfort Waist."

There is also a standard chino for less, and a "year 'round wool" version for more. All offer great fit and comfort and durability. I have all three types and think the "dress chino" is the best value

I generally like Bill's M2 or M3 but rarely pay full price for them - "seconds" are widely available on ebay for about 1/4 of list price and they generally have negligible flaws (maybe a small region where the yarn has a thicker line on the inside of one leg for example. Sometimes no visible flaws at all to my eye. I only pay full price for specials such as chambrays and some of the poplins. For everyday shop work, a pair of Wrangler khakis seem to be fine and cost <$20.

If you're interested in Bill's and have an AmEx card, check your AmEx offers. There's an offer for $50 off a $200+ purchase from Bill's out there. Not sure if it's targeted or available to all.

My next pair will be a pair of Bill's Khaki's, but I've had really good, long term success with the chinos from LL Bean through the years. Great quality and fit, and they last.

If you have the bucks (well worth it , they are like fine wine , only get better and better) Bill's Khakis are the absolute Best you can buy ! LLBean , no , I've tried over and over , too cheap and flimsy , Cabela's has some that are great and not expensive . I like old fashioned heavy Khakis that get softer and softer , and last and last . #1 are Bill's Khakis , though , expensive , but worth every penny ! Made like they used to be ... to Last ! Quality !

Hello,

I see the recommendations for Bills Khakis and wanted to ensure you gentlemen were aware that the company is going through dramatic changes: http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-region...-firm/36756872

Personally, I have never been able to find a pair of Bills that fit me correctly - and I have been through M1, M2 and M3 fits. I have found the best fit in high quality Made-in-America khakis to be from Jack Donnelly

They offer 3 fits (Original, Slim, Hybrid) and I find that the rise on the Hybrid fit is perfect for me. Plus, they come unfinished so you can have them tailored correctly to the proper length (huge pet peeve: men who wear their trouser legs too long)

You can take a gander at them here:http://www.jackdonnelly.com/about

I've had great luck with "Lands End". They are a mail order company from WI. They are owned by Sears, but don't hold that against them, because they are independent of Sears.

I used to buy a lot of LE stuff, including khakis. But their quality has gone south IMHO.

I just got a very nice pair from LL Bean. Bean has always had good stuff.

Top Bottom