What's new

Preferred Blades - Timeless .68

**This is obviously a personal preference / YMMV scenario as everyone's face and technique vary***

With that being said, I'd like to hear people's opinions on their preferred blades for the Timeless .68....NOT the .95.

I owned both the .68 and .95 but returned the latter. Way too much blade feel/aggressiveness for my liking and many blades that I normally like just didn't work. I also happened to notice that some blades were great in the .68 but those same blades turned into a prison shank in the .95.

So far I have found the following to be absolutely buttery smooth with no irritation:

Kai, Nacet, Israeli Red Personnas & Voskhod. I think i might be able to add Perma-Sharp to this list but I need to take them for another spin.

Decent Blades: Astra SP, Polsilver SI, Crystal

Too Harsh: Feather, Personna Med Prep, GSB, 7 O'Clock Blacks

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't found a 'bad' blade yet for the Timeless .68 base plate. Feather, Kai, Derby, Rockwell ( yes Rockwell! ). I am not sure if any blade is uncomfortable in the timeless. The only different is a bit closer shave with the sharper blades, Kai and Feather, than the less sharp Derby and Rockwell. YMMV.

Fenway, I have both but may sending the 95 back.

Only been doing DE shaving since last December, keep that in mind. That said I really enjoy testing all of the variables.

For me, all these were excellent, meaning BBS close and very smooth:
GSB, German Wilky, and perma sharp. All will be tested again before I make that monumental 100 pack purchase : ) funny how that seems like big deal when I spent loads more every month on Fusions.

Close and smooth:
Tweets, super max, voshkod

Close but rough
Astra, personna

Derby - one smooth, two rough w weapers. I think something was wrong with those two

Feather - close but very rough w weapers. Sorry fanboys. I know may be my technique, but I don't have this problem w anything else. For me,,, I think permanent sharps are as sharp.

Lot of new ones on deck to try.

Mark

Gillette Silver Blue is my absolute favorite in the Timeless, gives me the best shave of any razor I own with the .68 head. If I just want a milder shave, I will use an Astra SP. Pretty sure these are the only two blades I've tried in the razor.

With my Timeless (both .68 and .95 scalloped bar and cap) I tried only Feather so far and results (granted I'm a big fan of Feather blades) are so great for me that I'm not sure if it's even worth trying something else.

I was experimenting with my other razors though, and Feather consistently performs the best for me. Astra and Kai were next for me to try with Timeless, but as I said, I'm not sure if it's even worth experimenting.

I've found Gillette Rubies to be particularly good in the 68 Timeless.

GSBs are my best all around blade for the most different razor. However, I found them too mild in the 68 Timeless.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Good luck so far with persona red and blue. Just tried kai and have been very very impressed. Very buttery smooth but need to be careful around neck.

Top Bottom