What's new

Preferable date codes for Gillette Slim ?

Hi,

(For me other reasons like "this is a James Bond razor" doesn't count in this context.)

is there any real serious technical reasons to prefer a Gillette Slim before or after a certain date code?

I know of the technical differences - but what differences are only made to save cost in manufacturing, which of those
cripple the quality of the razor for the end user, with what technical difference have one made certain experiences...?
I am still search of a working Gillette Slim - my first one (bought from www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de) were optical good -
but the head geometry was off - bad luck for me, good luck for the seller.
This time I want to do better and being better informed beforehand... ;)

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I know of the technical differences - but what differences are only made to save cost in manufacturing, which of those
cripple the quality of the razor for the end user, with what technical difference have one made certain experiences...?
I am still search of a working Gillette Slim - my first one (bought from www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de) were optical good -
but the head geometry was off - bad luck for me, good luck for the seller.
This time I want to do better and being better informed beforehand... ;)
I am not aware of any tangible benefits to any particular Slim variant or year. With the Fatboy many prefer the earlier versions due to them having service notches rather than a crimped retainer cap; I think though, a Slim is a Slim is a Slim. I would focus solely on the plating and the physical condition. Good luck.

Oh - that is good news. And I like the phrase "a Slim is a Slim is a Slim" ... it make the Gillette Slim even more "THE Slim" :)

Top Bottom