What's new

Pre shaves do you use it

I never touched the stuff until very recently when I picked up Proraso White preshave cream just to give it a shot.

I have been using it for a week or two and I’m not 100% sure it is doing anything, but I haven’t had any sensitivity or weepers since I started using it.

Proraso green with a hot towel is pretty nice ..clears the sinus and makes you feel nice and chilled..as far as it doing anything..i dont think it does to me but ymmv

Ponds Cold Cream Cleaner to soften (sometimes I use shaving balm) followed by a hot flannel rinse, then aftershave to revitalize the stubble. I learned this from a Russian barber who used this technique to increase the 'slickness' of shaving.

AoS (unscented) preshave oil is what I use every shave in my fight against neck irritation. It is noticeably a very thick oil. I have tried Proraso green preshave and Anthony Logistics oil and observed no benefit. AoS seems to be helping. If you're interested in a preshave product I would recommend it. On the other hand, now that I am getting some excellent lathers I may experiment with removing it from the routine.

I alternate between Proaso red pre shave and various Grooming Dept pre shave scents. IMHO I think GD is a slicker product. I don’t like pre shave oils because of the oil getting on the brush fibers during lathering.

I've been using Proraso Red for about a year. Not sure it helps much if at all but it's not that expensive for me and I enjoy the scent.
I finished my second or third jar of Proraso Red so I decided to skip it for a week or so. Two shaves in and can’t discern any difference

I use a preshave about 50% of the time. For me, its a must when I use a feather because I hate getting blade burn or cutting myself. It works well for me though. Any issues I had with wetshaving got solved by me using one squirt of my american crew preshave oil. No burns, no cuts, no marks...Some people say they do nothing, but they very clearly improved the experience for me. I'd say that now, I'm at a point where I know what I need and how I should shave so its not as necessary. Especially now that I use the same blades for my shaves now instead of whatever my sampler pack had in store for me!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Gillette recommends to clean and Hydrate face before shaving. CeraVe cleans and Hydrates and Aloe Vera gel hydrates quickly also.
Z-Pre shave products (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom