What's new

Pre-shave soap, the myth in shaving

I'm not sure how much the proraso preshave helps the closeness of my shave, but I love the way it feels on my face. I just ordered the big 300ML jar from "Italian Barber". I go through it pretty fast.

Ronnie

I tried pre shave oil once from AOS, felt strange and all it seemed to do is just clog my pores, making me get a couple zits. Pissed me off, never used any pre-shave stuff since. Kind of seems like a novelty IMO.

I tried pre shave oil once from AOS, felt strange and all it seemed to do is just clog my pores, making me get a couple zits. Pissed me off, never used any pre-shave stuff since. Kind of seems like a novelty IMO.
Natural oils should never clog the pores. :glare: Are you sure there's no mineral oil or paraffin in AOS?

For me, YMMV, I find no difference between using pre shave treatment (including the very nice MRGLOW and Proraso pre/post and others) or not (other than a clean face from the shower). So no pre treatment. Wet face, face lather, shave.

I don't remember who wrote the post but it works for me, when I shower I condition my beard when I shampoo and condition my hair. Much better than any per shave product

I don't remember who wrote the post but it works for me, when I shower I condition my beard when I shampoo and condition my hair. Much better than any per shave product
You are Hydrating your beard. I prefer to shave first and bath afterwards, it clears any skin irritation.

No preshave products. Only couple of times Floid Shave oil as a preshave. Damn serious product. It helps a lot.

Good wash with a face cleanser, scrub IF you want to leave your whiskers perfectly clear.

I somethimes use Dr.Organic Face Scrub Olive Oil.

Top Bottom