What's new

Pre shave similar to proraso but not in glass

I've been using proraso green Pre shave and enjoy it. I shave in the shower tho and the glass container always makes me nervous. Can anyone suggest something simi!we but in a plastic or metal container. I'm not a fan of Pre shave oils tho. TIA

Can also use noxema as a nice eucalyptus preshave. (Doesn’t smell quite as nice or subtle as Proraso green but in the same ballpark)

It comes in a plastic tub.

I used to use it as a shave cream for years when I used carts.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
To me Proraso pre-shave cream is a unique, wonderful product and nothing is really equal. I'd consider scooping out the necessary amount and putting it in a plastic container to be used safely in the shower.

But the 300ml barber size, it's plastic not glass. Also it ends up being cheaper per oz then buying the small glass jar. More product, less money, no glass jar.

0A604A45-A054-4F3D-8B17-130EA7791507.jpeg

I'm still not sure why I'm the only one who has suggested the barber sized tub. It's 300ml (equals x3 of the small glass jars), averages around $26 so you basically get one whole small jar for free, and is plastic.

If you love the green pre shave cream... Buy the barber size! More product, less money, and no glass jar. Why try to find an alternative product when you know what you like and can get more for less with a bulk purchase while still satisfying your need for a non glass container.

Can also use noxema as a nice eucalyptus preshave. (Doesn’t smell quite as nice or subtle as Proraso green but in the same ballpark)

It comes in a plastic tub.

I used to use it as a shave cream for years when I used carts.
100% agree and it costs a fraction of the Proraso. I find it works better as well.

Why try to find an alternative product when you know what you like and can get more for less with a bulk purchase while still satisfying your need for a non glass container.

Why buy anything at all, if you already have a great product in your den, and can simply transfer it into a different container?

Why buy anything at all, if you already have a great product in your den, and can simply transfer it into a different container?

OP will eventually run out of the cream in the 100ml jar, moving forward buy the big one to get more cream at a lower cost in a more sturdy container. OP wasn't asking about a container to move the product they already have into but was asking about a "similar product" in a non-glass container therefore they already had their mind made up on buying a different product when they already have one they are happy with. I am simply saying if OP prefers to use proraso green pre shave cream but doesn't like the glass jar and is looking for plastic... they can get the product they prefer, without trying something new and possibly not enjoying it as much, in the type of container they are looking for, while simultaneously getting more of the product they prefer at a lower cost per oz.

Top Bottom