What's new

Pre-shave oil that works best with your soap.

Gentlemen:

I have been looking to buy some pre-shave oil to compliment the soaps I use. I have currently been prepping my face with Proraso pre shave cream and it has done very well. I am looking for an oil that will really slick up my face before shaving. Look forward to your ideas.

Respectfully,

Noah

I use Nancy Boy Unscented Pre Shave Oil. Seems to work well and is excellent for sensitive skin. I use a lot of Nancy Boy products. I also have Proraso Pre/Post Green. I'm afraid that the menthol reacts with my skin in an adverse way, though. I continue to use it every once in a while in Spring and Summer because I like the immediate sensation of the menthol and eucalyptus.

I've used AoS, Musco Real, and Dreadnought. They all work equally for me. Dreadnought is the best bang for the buck.

I've used the Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort oil. I prefer it to the AoS, but it is still pricey.

I ordered some Maggard preshave oil which is much more economical, but I haven't tried it yet.

My favorite pre shave oil is the Real Shaving Company product, but it has been discontinued. It's thicker than Truefitt and Hill, which I also like, but not as thick as AOS, which I find to be too thick. You can sometimes find it on eBay.

I use a little bottle of trader joes jojoba oil that I added a few drops of eucalyptus oil to. Works great and dead cheap. Next time I'm gonna add some sandalwood oil instead.

I have tried both TOBS and Dreadnought. Both worked fine but I have to give the edge to Dreadnought for the price.

I've used and enjoyed several of the oils.
But, it's hard to beat Musgo Glyce.

$kent malb feb 21 13_4656s.jpg

$AOS rose aug 19 2013-6655-Edit.jpg

$musgo_2349.jpg

Top Bottom