What's new

Pre Shave first time user

My wife came home from a day off shopping trip with the girls. I have trained her to always look for shaving things that "don't look familiar". Well today she came home from Marshalls with Proraso green pre shave.

I have never used a pre shave cream/balm anything. I searched a bit and I didn't see what I am looking for. So here it goes.

1. Is there a time frame I need to leave it on to work?

2. Just rub some in after I get out of the shower until it disappears?

Those two questions are my top ones.

I typically shower. QTips, deodorant, build a lather, rewet face with water while I fill the sink. 3 pass shave.

Do I pre shave first thing out of shower?

Thanks guys

KM

ackvil

When I used that product I wet my face, applied the pre-shave, and rubbed it onto my face and neck. I would then apply the lather on top of the pre-shave. I did not wait any time to apply the lather. I would spend about a minute to rub the pre-shave in.

ajkel64

When I used that product I wet my face, applied the pre-shave, and rubbed it onto my face and neck. I would then apply the lather on top of the pre-shave. I did not wait any time to apply the lather. I would spend about a minute to rub the pre-shave in.
This is how I used it as well. I hope that it works for you.

After I did the normal outta shower stuff I kinda just wet my face with my wet hands and rubbed the pre shave in.

Loaded my brush and lathered it up in a bowl and started shaving. I have to say it was a good shave. As it has turned cooler here this last week I have noticed my trouble areas are coming back in my lower neck.

I only made 2 passes there and it went better then 1 pass yesterday. I will attempt again tomorrow morning.

My concern is if I feel like I get better shaves I will then have to find room to have some pre shaves.

Oh well

Thanks fellas.

KM

I usually don't wait for any period of time . Most preshave products I have used are distributed fairly quickly.

Preshave is often overlooked, but I find a preshave can make some difference.

For me, preshave adds more to the experience than any real benefit.

If you shower, wash your face, use a quality soap/cream with a brush, your face should be well prepared and the preshave won’t be able to make a big difference. It’s still nice, though

I usually get out of the shower and put the pre-shave on, I work it into the whiskers and use enough that it is a thin white layer across everything. I then load my blade, load from a pick of soap or load cream in a dish, and then apply right on top of the Proraso Pre. I only use it the first pass.

Green Proraso Pre is also great for cooling “hot” areas after a shave. I will usually cold water rinse then pat dry. I use my Green after shave splash and then add a little Pre shave cream where I feel I might have irritated the skin from shaving. Haven’t needed to do that in quite awhile, but when I did I used just a little and it felt great.

My wife came home from a day off shopping trip with the girls. I have trained her to always look for shaving things that "don't look familiar". Well today she came home from Marshalls with Proraso green pre shave.
You are a lucky man with a wife that supports your "shave" hobby.

Day 2 update.

Used it again a couple minutes before putting steel to face.

A great shave. No irritation in neck line that I have had the last 10 or so days.

The preshave is the only thing I changed besides the razor about 4 shaves ago trying to figure this irritation out.

2 days in and for me it makes a difference.

Thanks for the help.

KM

I found that preshave makes a difference for me. I shower, do the typical after shower stuff, then wet my face apply the preshave then apply the lather and shave. I use Proraso Red, Green and Crown Preshave. Have had good results with all.

I have never used a pre shave cream/balm anything. I searched a bit and I didn't see what I am looking for. So here it goes.

1. Is there a time frame I need to leave it on to work?

2. Just rub some in after I get out of the shower until it disappears?

Those two questions are my top ones.

I typically shower. QTips, deodorant, build a lather, rewet face with water while I fill the sink. 3 pass shave.

Do I pre shave first thing out of shower?

Thanks guys

KM
Put it on you don't need to much just cover the hairs leave for about 2 minutes then lather

I have used this pre shave the last three mornings. I have to say the last 3 shaves were better then the 7 to 10 shaves before them.

I believe someone that has to do with the colder weather. I think a high of 16 today, current wind-chill at 5:15 is -6.

I think I will switch to a balm as well as a balm in the evenings and see if that helps as well

I bet I will be back after a while asking what pre shaves everyone uses. That's another day

KM