What's new

Pre-shave Cream before each pass?

If it works, it works, right?
That said, if subsequent passes are causing you irritation then you're doing something wrong- bad technique, probably bad lather.

i have been using preshave creams since thanksgiving and i do like the way it makes the first pass of my razor a slick one...regardless of what cream/soap i use and regardless of my razor blade choice.
tonight i used the Vitos preshave for the first time....it has a hard-cream type texture like proraso. it did apply a bit smoother than the proraso and worked well.
it came in a plastic jar which is good if you worry about dropping/breakage. overall i dont think i like it more than proraso but i will definitely use it. i would think this 250ml tub would last close to a year so it is a good value.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It doesn't seem to do anything for me on the first pass, so I've never tried it. It does seem logical, however, that if it helps on the first pass it should help on the second. It's certainly worth a try - if it feels good it is good.

I read on here that it is recommended that you apply pre shave cream them after a couple of minute wash it off with warm water then lather and shave. Do you guys go with the pre shave cream then go straight to lathering then shave? What's the recommended process? I have no tried pre shave cream before each pass.

I read on here that it is recommended that you apply pre shave cream them after a couple of minute wash it off with warm water then lather and shave. Do you guys go with the pre shave cream then go straight to lathering then shave? What's the recommended process? I have no tried pre shave cream before each pass.

did they give reasoning?

Top Bottom