What's new

PRE or POST Shower Shave (and why)?

I shave...

• AFTER taking a shower

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • BEFORE taking a shower

Votes: 22 34.4%

• Total voters
Lately there's been a lot of talk going on in several other threads about this seemingly never ending dilemma.

So I taught let's do a poll and see what's everyone's routine and more importantly - WHY.

Like many wet shavers out there, I've tried everything that people advised. But no matter what, I always felt I had a good shave after having a nice long evening shower. Even using pre shave products didn't quite help. What works for me is taking my time during my evening shower. I have a really nice shave right after.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Like many wet shavers out there, I've tried everything that people advised. But no matter what, I always felt I had a good shave after having a nice long evening shower. Even using pre shave products didn't quite help. What works for me is taking my time during my evening shower. I have a really nice shave right after.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk
Tnx and pls cast your vote accordingly!

BTW, I feel the same way - an evening long shower, followed by a relaxing no-hurry shave works best for me.

I have always shaved before I showered. Always have and always will. Just the way that I roll.
In my cartridge days that was my routine, too... sort of made things easier. That said, since I reverted to wet-shaving, somehow I've accustomed myself to do this whole pre-shave prep thing... maybe it's because I only shave but a 2-3 times/week and in the evening, so I have the luxury of taking it slowly. Back when I was shaving daily and worked in the office and kids were small and life was much faster, shaving as a whole was just a chore. Now it's smth. altogether different, an enjoyable and relaxing activity.

Once upon a time with cartridges, I'd shave before the shower. Now it's always after. The almost scalding hot water (thanks to me messing with my water heater's thermostat) softens up my beard nicely. And it gets the heater working nicely.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I don't have the luxury of hot water for a shower (in the tropics). My grandfathers and father all shaved in the morning before their morning show. Worked well for them so who am I to change a proven process.

I usually shave after a shower. I can get good results before shower with a hot towel though.

I was taught to shave before showering and did that for a long time, but I switched it up and never went back. I was a lot younger though, so I know the value of good prep now.

Even though I have a relatively thick/tough beard I can get a good shave before a shower. I got in the habit of showering in the evening because of getting up at 5am and then getting off work at 7am the next morning I did not shave so it was natural (wife likes smooth face) to shave in the evening before my shower.

I have always taken a shower first and then shaved. Since I was a teen. Never gave the process much thought other than a hot shower results in a clean, soft and hydrated beard, perfect for a close comfortable shave.

I have always taken a shower first and then shaved. Since I was a teen. Never gave the process much thought other than a hot shower results in a clean, soft and hydrated beard, perfect for a close comfortable shave.
Resembles my feeling on this matter.

Top Bottom