What's new

Pre de Provence

Adding disclaimer now and date noted, as I will be using Hasslinger shortly and reserve the right to change my mind. :wink2:
Haslinger will not disappoint, and you probably will change your mind.

I do loves me some PdP though. I use it on the same days that I use the PdP sage bath soap. It is the same scent. I hear the AS balm is the same as well. Top notch stuff.

+1 on applying PdP (as well as MWF) like a stick. Great stuff, lasts forever.

I am going to give this a shot and see how i works for me. I love the scent and have always felt the quality of the lather was always thin for me so I will try face lathering it after rubbing the puck. This puck smells as lovely as Le Pere Lucien as it has the nice, herby and medicinal scent to it.

I am going to give this a shot and see how i works for me. I love the scent and have always felt the quality of the lather was always thin for me so I will try face lathering it after rubbing the puck. This puck smells as lovely as Le Pere Lucien as it has the nice, herby and medicinal scent to it.

how long are you loading on your brush?

I had no issues with thin lather for 3 face lathering passes. I'd have to look back to see if I stated how long I loaded it for, but I'm guessing a good 45sec or so. It's a hard soap.

how long are you loading on your brush?

I had no issues with thin lather for 3 face lathering passes. I'd have to look back to see if I stated how long I loaded it for, but I'm guessing a good 45sec or so. It's a hard soap.

I lathered some up last weekend. I was on the puck for a little over a minute, and the lather was top notch.

I lathered some up last weekend. I was on the puck for a little over a minute, and the lather was top notch.

That sounds about right. Some guys who try to swirl for 10 sec and then wonder why the lather is thin....it's because there is no soap in the brush.

Not for you, but for everyone else, USE MORE PRODUCT (yes I'm screaming)

Just tried PdP for the first time today and wow it's great! I totally love the scent... it's subdued but has a clean, fresh scent. And it was very easy to lather and had a nice slickness to it. Definitely going to add this one to the rotation.

If you love PdP soap you've got to try the aftershave balm. The same scent but with longevity and its a high quality balm to boot.

If you love PdP soap you've got to try the aftershave balm. The same scent but with longevity and its a high quality balm to boot.

I agree! The PdP balm is one of the few balms that I used exclusively until it was gone. It left my face very soft and moisturized!

I enjoy Pre de Provence because the lather feels very soft. I soak the top of the puck for about ten minutes before loading.

It works fine for me but takes too long to load and doesn't have much of a scent. I think Provence Sante is better, which is related in some way to Pre de Provence if I recall correctly.

A part from both being great French Shea Butter soaps, there is no relationship...

Bounteous lather, and I like the mild scent. Oddly enough for a soap with shea butter, it leaves my skin rather dry and tight.

If you are going to compare it to Haslinger Schafmilch, if you're like me you'll find that it lathers just as well (if not better) and leaves your skin soft and moist. Might be a shade slicker, too. Good stuff.

As an aside, if you can load your brush in 10s with PdP, I wouldn't want that brush anywhere near my face.
:001_huh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom