What's new

pre de provence shave soaps any good?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Just wondering @Marco, let's say it's time to reorder shaving soap and you will choose between Haslinger v2 and La Maison du Savon de Marseille Rebel. Quel savon préférez-tu?
🇦🇹 🇫🇷
I really like both brands!! Considering that both Haslinger and LMdSdM are inexpensive, why choose, Sir? :thumbup:

This sonds good to me.
Who sells it?
In the US, I think you can order from a place in the UK called Edenwood.
I really like both brands!! Considering that both Haslinger and LMdSdM are inexpensive, why choose, Sir? :thumbup:
Thanks, I was afraid I would receive the standard B&B answerTM! :biggrin:

Problem is, my PdP #63 and Original will probably last several more years, so I might never get to try Le Maison du Savon de Marseilles. I'll have to enjoy it vicariously.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
In the US, I think you can order from a place in the UK called Edenwood.

Thanks, I was afraid I would receive the standard B&B answerTM! :biggrin:

Problem is, my PdP #63 and Original will probably last several more years, so I might never get to try Le Maison du Savon de Marseilles. I'll have to enjoy it vicariously.
In my opinion, LMdSdM complements PdP very nicely because offers a third wonderful scent with almost equal performance. Here in Italy LMdSdM costs €14,90 per tin, so just like PdP, it's both inexpensive and lasts a very long time.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Just a heads up, Pasteurs is offering 10% off for St. Patrick's Day, ‘Patricks22’. That would put a puck of PdP at about $13 US, a good price for about a year’s worth of soap.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have a question for my US friends regarding the PdP N°63 cologne (EdT?). Does it perfectly match the magnificent scent of the soap? And is it long lasting in terms of staying power?

I have a question for my US friends regarding the PdP N°63 cologne (EdT?). Does it perfectly match the magnificent scent of the soap? And is it long lasting in terms of staying power?
Yes, it's a good match and it does last. Don't expect a powerhouse though. It's a fairly quiet EdT that I don't think would offend anyone. For the price I can't find any faults at all.

The PdP 63 EdT is my wife's favorite, so I like to use it regularly. It is not overpowering at all, as noted above. In fact, I am searching for a higher end frag that has similar notes, if someone knows of one.....?

I ordered a puck of no 63 and got it today. Smells nice. like a cologne type scent. I already have the bergamot and thyme. I have test lathered the pre de provence soaps and they lather beautifully. I have a few triple milled soaps like dr harris, tobs, razorock what the puck, musgo, cade, etc and I think pre de provence is the triple milled soap I would put at the top of the pack. I have not shaved with the no 63, but have with the bergamot and thyme and had a pretty good shave with that. for 14 bucks, you get a 5 oz plus QUAD MILLED PUCK. I believe the only quad milled shave puck I have ever seen a available. good to see there are some pre de provence fan boys on here. LOL

Top Bottom