What's new

Pre de Provence Question

Hello. I have a simple question.
I’ve been thinking about getting some Pre de Provence Bergamot Thyme soap. I have and love the 63 a lot. Is the Bergamot Thyme quad milled and as long lasting as the 63? I’ve been using the 63 for awhile now and it’s hardly dented the puck. It’s a very hard soap!

Hello. I have a simple question.
I’ve been thinking about getting some Pre de Provence Bergamot Thyme soap. I have and love the 63 a lot. Is the Bergamot Thyme quad milled and as long lasting as the 63? I’ve been using the 63 for awhile now and it’s hardly dented the puck. It’s a very hard soap!
They seem to be exactly the same soap, just a different scent. The Bergamot & Thyme is a pleasant scent, very good for Spring and Summer.

I like to put a thin layer of warm water on top of this soap for a few minutes before shaving. It makes lathering really easy.

1607515564032.png

BTW, didn't we discuss this before on one of your threads?

They seem to be exactly the same soap, just a different scent. The Bergamot & Thyme is a pleasant scent, very good for Spring and Summer.

I like to put a thin layer of warm water on top of this soap for a few minutes before shaving. It makes lathering really easy.

View attachment 1192809
This. I do the water thing as well. Only soap I “bloom” at all.

No. 63 is a stronger and more perfumed scent but both soaps seem to be the exact same consistency.

BTW, didn't we discuss this before on one of your threads?

Yes, I just wondered if Ithe Bergamot Thyme is as hard as the 63. Sorry for my repetition!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Never tried the 63, but using it as my sole soap, several times I got a year off the original.

I just tried Fine shave soap for the first time. It’s a triple milled hard slap that’s about the same size as Pre. Are they similar?
I was very impressed with Fine and am disappointed they won’t be making their formula anymore. I’ll buy a puck of Pre if the performance is similar.

I just tried Fine shave soap for the first time. It’s a triple milled hard slap that’s about the same size as Pre. Are they similar?
I was very impressed with Fine and am disappointed they won’t be making their formula anymore. I’ll buy a puck of Pre if the performance is similar.
Closest soap to Fine is probably Tabac. You may or may not like the scent.

PdP is a vegetal soap, Fine is a stearic acid/tallow formula. PdP is a bit harder soap compared to Fine.

So, a somewhat different experience with PdP, but still an excellent hard soap. I think there is a bit of a learning curve on building the best lather for many people. People may initially complain the lather is thin or not slick enough. They are generally not loading enough soap or not enough water, or both.

Ah I just used some of the Bergamot Thyme scented this evening. Great shave. Very protective rich lather. The Omega boar brush works wonders in this soap, it’s easy to lather.

Top Bottom