What's new

Pré de Provence Outstanding in its Field!

Gentlemen,
Another EXCELLENT French Shaving Soap tastefully presented in a tin that is good for travel and at home on the counter of your shave shack. It builds into a super lather that leaves your face feeling soft from the karité butter blended into this pleasant smelling soap. Here is the standard for performance, the Vulfix after four passes.

full
Looking at the BUSINESS END of the tin:
full

Another joy to use, this soap has a delicate, clean and fleeting fragrance (No lingering to interfere with your cologne du jour). As you can see the lather is rich, thick, emolient, and slick! Try it, you'll like it.. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had this stuff for awhile too Ron,
think maybe I'll break it back out.....I just liked it because of the ease with which one can travel with it...
John P

Ron, that's my very first shave soap. Used it with an Omega brush about two years ago. I still love that soap. I still use it from time to time.

Howdy Gents,
When I have the chance I want to check out the Pré de Provence balm apres rasage and the colognes too. (Argh, I feel another SCAD-like attack coming on!) My rotation has gone from about 14 to at least 20.. :smile:
This soap has been sitting unopened for some time and I feel as though I have been missing out on something really good!

Picked up some PDP over the weekend and shaved with it this morning. Nice shave and I really love the light clean scent. Thumbs up!

Jordan

I have been using this soap for the last few days and I think it is fantastic. Very slick, provides a great protection, and the scent is pretty nice. I plan on trying other french soaps now.

Chris

BTW, there is a barbershop called Paul Mole on 74/Lexington in NYC that carries this stuff. Not sure how much. It appeared that one tub had a price of $10 (outstanding, although it looks like you can possibly find it onling for that) and another appeared to say $26 (WAY TOO MUCH)..... I should have asked, but did not.

I know I'm a newbie and all. But I honestly don't like this soap. I can not get it to produce a suitable lather. I get much better lather from a puck of williams shaving soap. And I find the williams smells better.

luckeyluke said:
I know I'm a newbie and all. But I honestly don't like this soap. I can not get it to produce a suitable lather. I get much better lather from a puck of williams shaving soap. And I find the williams smells better.

That's crazy talk. I get such thick luxurious lather from this soap it is unbelievable. I am sure it is either your technique or you have hard water. You should use Ron's lathering technique it is the best.

Chris

A very underrated soap particularly considering the $10 usual selling price. I use it occasionally and am reminded of how good it really. I can't imagine that, with just a bit of experience, one would be unable to generate copious amounts of lather.

This is good stuff, great lather. I've smelled the scent somewhere before but I can't place it. It's kind of piney but in a good way, and it doesn't linger at all after the shave.

I'm slowly going to work through all the french soaps Ron reviewed, one a month. I've tried this and the L'Occitane so far. I must say that the L'Occitane Cade scent is one of my favorite out of all my soaps and creams, but both have great lather and have given excellent shaves.

I just picked up this soap a couple days ago and used it Sunday morning for the first time. It produced a wonderfully slick lather! Nice clean scent and great packaging. It would be great to slip into the dopp kit for travel. This soap doesn't get alot of talk but definitely something worth adding to the rotation. :thumbup1:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Ron is outstanding is his field, as well.

In fact, that's where we found him.........

out, standing in a field.:lol:

Top Bottom