What's new

Pre de Provence No. 63

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I had the PdP, non 63. The one that is sold as Bergamot these days. For me it was not in the same class as MdC, it finished out it's life as bar soap in the shower.

I see absolutely no need to do this but to each their own.
The #1 complaint people have about PdP seems to be the lather is too thin or not slick enough. That's usually because they don't load enough soap, or add enough water. Plenty of soap + plenty of water = plenty of lather. Works every time.

My favorite brush to use with PdP is a large barber boar brush (26mm). It is much easier to load the soap without the original tin if you use a larger brush. You can even hold the soap in your hand. Put the soap back in the tin for storage later on.

zenith-top-1e.jpg
pdp-lather-4e.png

These poor guys barely have room to swing their brush. Yes, they can still lather, but you can see how much easier it would be with a larger container, or no container at all.

pdp-lather-2e.png
pdp-lather-1e.png

Fill your cart and you will probably get a 20% off code. They also had site wide 30% off on Black Friday

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Just got mine from Amazon today, and like many here, I was concerned that a hard milled soap would present lathering difficulties.

That turned out to be a non-problem.

I just wet my brush (25mm H.I.S synth) with hot water as usual, gently swirled to load from the tin for about thirty seconds, then easily built a bucket of lather in my Captain's Choice bowl. No blooming needed.

Good stuff, I might add. A big thank-you to everyone who recommended it (and tipped me off to the sale).

I had the PdP, non 63. The one that is sold as Bergamot these days. For me it was not in the same class as MdC, it finished out it's life as bar soap in the shower.
I get neither bergamot nor rosemary from that one. All I get is hotel soap.

My wife got me a tin of no. 63 Christmas before last. I still haven’t used it yet, as I have a dying puck of Bergamot & Thyme and a whole bunch of AOS unscented and sandalwood to get through. She also got me the EDT which I use almost daily, so I am not missing out on the scent.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Perhaps it was that old Italian Master Barber with over 40 years of experience...
:laugh:

I didn't realize it was Copyright @Marco 2011!

I'm sure it was discovered long ago by many other people.

Sir, over the years I have been called "Maestro", "Teacher", "Authority". I am none. I am just a passionate wet shaver, who modestly has been trying to aid new members. If my posts have in some way succeeded in this mission, this will be up to the judgement of others, not certainly mine. As my grandfather had tought me: "Be humble, be helpful, be the finest Gentleman possible. Always". Thank you.

fell prey to the nice price and prime shipping on Amazon today. I was trying to be strong... but too good a deal to pass up. Hope I like it like I think I will...

Got mine from prime and the smell is great very manly !!!

And as others said you should lather the puck in your hand not from the container the lather is excellent!!

fell prey to the nice price and prime shipping on Amazon today. I was trying to be strong... but too good a deal to pass up. Hope I like it like I think I will...

First use this morning.

Lathers/Performs fine. DOES like a bit more water than my other soaps...

I find the scent pleasant, but just a bit too "sweet" for me. Especially the matching balm.
For comparisons, Officina Artigiana - Oli del Benessare is a similar scent profile ("leathery") but much "drier" and more "earthy".
I like that one better...

Sir, over the years I have been called "Maestro", "Teacher", "Authority". I am none. I am just a passionate wet shaver, who modestly has been trying to aid new members. If my posts have in some way succeeded in this mission, this will be up to the judgement of others, not certainly mine. As my grandfather had tought me: "Be humble, be helpful, be the finest Gentleman possible. Always". Thank you.

Marco - your grandfather was a wise man!

Top Bottom