What's new

Pre de Provence No. 63

I have heard some put PdP No. 63, in the same category as SV, MDC what are your thoughts? I have not tried the
PnP No. 63, it is on Amazon and not that expensive, am thinking about trying it.

One of my favorite soaps. It is hard as a rock but lathers well. The scent might be my favorite out of about 50 soaps.

PdP describes it as...Aromatic, warm and spicy in nature, No.63 is a classic expression of masculine fragrance with a peppery citrus top note rounded by woody cedarwood, juicy plum and violet leaves that finish into an ambery base of leather and tobacco.

I don’t get plum or violet, but it is a spicy, woody and slightly citrusy cologne-y scent. The AS balm is also excellent. I haven’t bought the EdT yet but even the soap on a rope leaves a mild lasting scent.

One of the only soaps I can totally fanboy on. 🤪

I doubt you would hate it and it is $15 or so on Amazon.

don't overlook the Bergamot & Thyme too!

20201213_053002.jpg

the label has been since updated.

camo

Last edited:
I have and regularly use MDC and #63. I'd rate MDC ahead of it. Not sure why, I just would. #63 is great and in my rotation. Scent is quite mild. The description of the scent, eh - for me it is pleasant. I don't pick up on all of the various aspects listed above. Both of them will last you quite a while as they are hard.

Don’t hesitate to buy PdP 63. I love the scent of the soap , aftershave balm and EDT. To my nose I pick up a light Tobacco scent with all 3 products.
My other half who doesn’t like anything tobacco scented approves of PdP 63.

I have and regularly use MDC and #63. I'd rate MDC ahead of it. Not sure why, I just would. #63 is great and in my rotation. Scent is quite mild. The description of the scent, eh - for me it is pleasant. I don't pick up on all of the various aspects listed above. Both of them will last you quite a while as they are hard.
Thanks Captain, got my Large Copper Shaving Bowl today will use it in a couple of hours

To me, PdP 63 is sort of a mild, sweet, leather and tobacco scent. It's one of my favorites.

MDC might be better, but you can get three pucks of PdP for less than one puck of MDC.

Three pucks will last you a very long time.

To me, PdP 63 is sort of a mild, sweet, leather and tobacco scent. It's one of my favorites.

MDC might be better, but you can get three pucks of PdP for less than one puck of MDC.

Three pucks will last you a very long time.
I already have two MDC’s Argumes & Fougere, each one will last me a year. I just ordered the PdP No. 63, and have the Bergamot & Thyme along with both after shave balms on wish list.
It will be here Monday

I really like my 63. For me, I really use it more in the fall months when the weather is cooling off and I'm looking for something a little more spicy than my typical summery citrus/menthol soaps. The other thing is that I'm not a fan of the balm. I prefer alcohol based AS. But if you like the scent of the shave soap, I highly recommend the body soap too as it smells just a good as the shave soap.

I really like my 63. For me, I really use it more in the fall months when the weather is cooling off and I'm looking for something a little more spicy than my typical summery citrus/menthol soaps. The other thing is that I'm not a fan of the balm. I prefer alcohol based AS. But if you like the scent of the shave soap, I highly recommend the body soap too as it smells just a good as the shave soap.
Thanks for the info

I already have two MDC’s Argumes & Fougere, each one will last me a year. I just ordered the PdP No. 63, and have the Bergamot & Thyme along with both after shave balms on wish list.
It will be here Monday
The PdP balms are very good. You only really need a tiny amount. Leave your face and hands wet, then apply a small pea-sized amount, spread it over the area and rub it in. It leaves a very smooth finish.

PDP #63 is an excellent soap. It is long lasting and a strong performer on all counts- nice scent, easy lather, very slick and cushioning. I first purchased it on a business trip early in my DE shaving journey. It is a soap that I could see using exclusively for a long time. Because it is so long lasting, it is an excellent value and still meets most expectations for a shave soap.

I was in the fence about trying this shaving soap and after shave balm but decided to pull the trigger on it tonight. I do have quite a few soaps and bought a few razorock soaps when they had their clearance moving sale. What’s one more to add to the pile.

Larry
That’s the spirit!

Top Bottom