What's new

Pre de Provence No.63

We’re getting some pretty good rain here, glad I pulled the equipment in when I did. It’s probably gonna be hard for you guys to see since it’s dark here, but our solution has gotten a little greener. This is approximately 4 hours in. Still not ready but we’re getting there.
969BC5A9-095A-4F82-B39B-43CB4F2362CD.jpeg

What's their standard "shea butter" line like? I've not tried it.
I haven’t tried all of the products from that line, but I do have this. It is, in my mind, the best after shave balm on the market. Very calming, soothing, and moisturizing. If I have razor burn or irritation, this stuff stops it dead in its tracks. I highly recommend it. It is the Shea butter formula, and you can get it on Amazon.
81124E71-7ABC-4554-AF7F-C6510F844FB5.jpeg

The avatar represents David Niven in the movie the Pink Panther who I always thought was a well groomed gentlemen.
Yes, Niven was indeed a class act!
And he had plenty of company. Iconic Cary Grant, Fred Astaire, Humphrey Bogart, Laurence Olivier, Gary Cooper, Gregory Peck, Clark Gable, Joseph Cotton, Burt Lancaster, Charles Laughton, Ronald Colman, Sean Connery, Montgomery Clift, George Raft, Dirk Bogard, Stewart Granger, Rex Harrison, Leslie Howard, Robert Taylor, Roger Moore, and even Errol Flynn. A you might guess, I tend to admire the well-dressed gentlemen of the "Fedora" era.

We’re getting some pretty good rain here, glad I pulled the equipment in when I did. It’s probably gonna be hard for you guys to see since it’s dark here, but our solution has gotten a little greener. This is approximately 4 hours in. Still not ready but we’re getting there.
View attachment 986562

Am I the only one curious what thread this belonged in lol

please review it for us and let us know if it's long lasting to you. thanks man.
First let me say that I agree with everything that ( Iloverootbeer) said at the start of this thread. I enjoy the scent and my wife commented that it smelled great. To begin with I am shaving with Pannacrema Nuavia Blu so I am starting out with a fantastic scented soap and the EDT seems to my surprise, compliment it quite nicely. I sprayed twice on the skin and twice on my T-shirt. The scent started out quite nice but faded down with drying and lasted about 3-4 hours. Being a EDT rather the a EDP I guess that can be expected. All in all I am happy with the performance for its price point. 100ml for less then $30.00 is a great bargain. Just need to reapply every 3 hours! :c1:

First let me say that I agree with everything that ( Iloverootbeer) said at the start of this thread. I enjoy the scent and my wife commented that it smelled great. To begin with I am shaving with Pannacrema Nuavia Blu so I am starting out with a fantastic scented soap and the EDT seems to my surprise, compliment it quite nicely. I sprayed twice on the skin and twice on my T-shirt. The scent started out quite nice but faded down with drying and lasted about 3-4 hours. Being a EDT rather the a EDP I guess that can be expected. All in all I am happy with the performance for its price point. 100ml for less then $30.00 is a great bargain. Just need to reapply every 3 hours! :c1:
:thumbup1:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Been using the soap this week, after reading this ... it's one of few that are plenty strong.

And with the triple-milled, will last forever. What a great value.

AA

PDP 63 is terrific. Lathers well. smells great. Lasts forever, been using it for over a year and looks almost the same.

Even better! Mill that sucker five times! It already lasts, seemingly, forever. And smells great!
AA

PDP 63 is tempting me to deviate from my strict buy to replace philosophy. I'm thinking about doing a "Leap Year Sabbatical" from Feb 29, 2020 to Feb 29, 2024. No exceptions will be allowed except for breakage of a person's only razor or brush, so I'll overstock soap and razor blades. I'll likely get a stick of Tabac, too.

Top Bottom